Champagne breakfast on balcony

pmjnh

Thinking about ordering the champagne breakfast on the balcony to celebrate an anniversary. If you have done this is it worth the money?

For the cost of the half bottle of champagne...$32...it's like getting the breakfast for free. It easily beats room service breakfast & is a lot of food. One difference in comparison to the Ultimate Balcony Dinner is they deliver all of the food at once for breakfast; for the UBD it's served in courses with great service.

Have you considered the UBD for $100 per couple?

We have enjoyed both & would recommend either of them however the UBD is much better. For $68 more than the champagne breakfast you each get a cocktail, roses & a photo of your meal. If you decide on the UBD, there are many recent threads about them & you can book onboard by calling the DINE line. To minimize any adverse weather issues which could force you inside your cabin, I'd suggest having it during an evening in port which is what we did in Honolulu & Costa Rica and enjoyed it tremendously. :)

Thinking about ordering the champagne breakfast on the balcony to celebrate an anniversary. If you have done this is it worth the money?

We had a wonderful "Ultimate Balcony Breakfast" on our anniversary a few years back on the Coral. It was great--so much food. I believe at the time, the cost was $28 pp--certainly well worth it. We were still eating the pastries the following day.

Lots of people give it great reviews and feel that it is worth it. Others will disagree. Personal choice.

Above all else...this. Really no way to project one's personal view on anyone else.

Yes....the food is great and it is lovely to sit on the balcony and have breakfast.

The flip side of this for me is that the pastries from the International Cafe (if your ship has one) are wonderful and already paid for. And the view and atmosphere on your balcony is just as lovely whether you are dining on UBB food or on IC pastries. The only real variable for us is the bottle of Champagne. For us, the price doesn't pan out. Maybe it will for you.

I'm going off of your signature. If you want to do it on Coral Princess in Alaska, I would opt out. It was just too cold for us. We would go outside for 5 - 10 minutes then run back inside to get warm. We ate our entire breakfast inside.

I'm sure others have had better success than us in Alaska in July. But for us, we only do this in warmer climates. Perhaps you'll want to indulge in the thermal suites if you like that sort of thing. We enjoyed them on our last anniversary cruise.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great anniversary and cruise!

We did it on the Island and Coral -- in Alaska on Glacier Bay Day where we were lucky and had beautiful weather and going through the Gaillard Cut in the Panama Canal. In each case it provided a welcomed break from running back and forth on deck watching the glaciers or going through the locks. :) The food was delicious (and plentiful -- good thing there is the mini-fridge for the leftovers!) and makes for a very special morning. I think we did it around 11 am since it really is more like a brunch.

Loved it. In fact did it on all three of our previous Alaskan Cruises (in fact twice on the 14 day). I have every intention of doing the UBB again this August. Don't think about the money. Just enjoy the experience.

OP...if you think there is going to be too much food like some have said you can probably ask for some items to not be delivered. Costing $32 for both of you is what the half bottle of champagne costs so you're not even being charged for the breakfast. It's an enjoyable experience & nothing to avoid because of the amount of the food provided which probably can be reduced if you do not want that much food.

We did the UBB on a cruise to the Caribbean so the weather was great for this although when you are in port, there are the flies that show up. The small table was inadequate for the trays so we had to go in/out of the room to get the next course.

We don't like lox so we asked for Eggs Benedict. It was dried out and lukewarm. The sweet rolls that come with it were stale. We ran upstairs to the buffet to get fresh ones. It was not worth the money.

Prefer the full breakfast menu on Celebrity which is free and much better than this fiasco.

Sue

Our balcony breakfast was a gift from our TA, so maybe that's why it seemed extra nice. We did it last December on the Golden to Hawaii.

Yes, there is a lot of food. We didn't think we would like the smoked salmon so we asked for bacon and sausage instead...they sent it all!

If you enjoy a relaxing breakfast on your balcony with some good champagne at 10 in the morning, you'll love it!

Kathy

Can someone list the breakfast menu, please? We are getting it from our TA. Do they give you a choice, or just bring a selection of breakfast items?

Here's what they served for our last Champagne Breakfast:

Heidsieck Monopole Champagne...half bottle

Pastries

Cold smoked salmon

Fruits and berries

Quiche Lorraine

Here's what they served for our last Champagne Breakfast:

Heidsieck Monopole Champagne...half bottle

Pastries

Cold smoked salmon

Fruits and berries

Quiche Lorraine

No bagels and cream cheese with that lox?

No bagels and cream cheese with that lox?

I didn't write down the complete description but the lox does come with bagels, dill cream cheese and toasted lemon brioche. The fruits and berries come with Clover honey Chantilly cream. The Quiche Lorraine comes with tomato and fontina cheese gratin.

Our TA gives us this and we love it. Would pay if she didn't. We don't like fish for breakfast and we order eggs benedict for me and an omlet for DH. It has always been good. Won't do it on our next cruise though - we have a window suite and breakfast at Sabatini's.

Have done it three times .... the first was on a Caribbean cruise, the 2nd on a r/t LA- Hawaii cruise, and the 3rd on a September AK cruise.

The food was the same on all three, and very tasty. There was so much food that we kept the pastries for the next morning (used the lid to one of the plates of hot food as a cover), and ordered room service coffee, yogurt, and juice the next morning, and had a nice little continental-type breakfast before going ashore that day.

I didn't write down the complete description but the lox does come with bagels, dill cream cheese and toasted lemon brioche. The fruits and berries come with Clover honey Chantilly cream. The Quiche Lorraine comes with tomato and fontina cheese gratin.

Oh YUM!!! Sign me up! Definitely doing this on our PC cruise.

Archived