Pacific Sun - rough ride back to Auckland

Mmm definitely looks like a pretty bumpy ride. We are boarding tomorrow and have just had a call from P&O advising that we are not not embarking until 4pm as the ship is going to be very late arriving in Auckland due to the weather.

Lisa & Anton

Yes, seas look stirred up alright. Brings back memories of the 40 foot seas we were in at the bottom of south island of NZ, end of Sept last year, on Regal Princess.

Good luck to you all on board, take plenty of ginger.

Cheers..Les:cool:

oh is he? I thought he didn't board till today or tomorrow....that the last few days were travel time? maybe he gets on this one when it arrives???hope the weather settles

Haha, sorry just edited my post, I got it wrong:rolleyes: :p

Chez

xx

Mickalex is due to board tomorrow (same as Anton & I). Just had another message from P&O advising that we are now not going to be boarding until Friday 1st as the ship is going to be very delayed into Auckland due to the weather. Mick & his family will be on the plane now heading to Auckland so will probably find out about the change when they arrive at their hotel. I hope we don't miss too many ports due to the delay (now going to be 24hrs late) - pretty disappointing, but then you can't control the weather!

Lisa

Thank you for all the kind thoughts.The kids took it well as the flight and being in Auckland made up for the 24 hour delay to them.

Nice weather you have here in Auckland Lisa.:p

Was blowing a gale when we landed last night,after we stopped everyone was clapping the cap for the landing{or landings}!It was a very bump landing on a wet runway and we had a bit of a slip but well under control.

Can almost feel another P & O witch hunt coming up...:mad: All their fault I suppose nothing to do with mother nature.

Your a bit late :(, it has already started: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=15635850&postcount=8 see the TV3 news link.

hopefully Walt will kick her off the web site...:rolleyes:

I don’t think Walt will as she has not broken any CC rules.

I don’t think Walt will as she has not broken any CC rules.

Very much against the rules.

A few years ago when a cruise ship was attacked by pirates off the coast of Africa ,members were posting stories and pics on CC and the journo's were trying to contact them via the boards .

They got kicked off real quick.

I dont see a problem with someone from the press wanting to get a story from someone who was on the ship. May as well get it from the horses mouth and it is news anyway there have been plenty of links to news articles.Im sure i would like to hear what some of the passengers have to say. I was on a ship during cyclone tracy and that was interesting tosay the least and i sure would have given someone the story

Icy:D

Wonder if there is any damage that will hold her up once she gets in

It does not sound like there is but Maritime NZ will be checking her when she gets in.

A Maritime NZ safety inspector will visit the vessel to check on her when she arrives in port

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=15636050&postcount=9

Archived