Compare Carnival with Royal Caribbean and Norwegian

bahia puller

I have been on 5 Carnival cruises, Holiday, Fantasy and Elation and I am tired of Carnival.

Are the other lines' cruise directors like Carnival's?

What of food quality and variety?

Additional costs?

How are the others' Decor, public areas and room size?

I am thinking of taking a 4 day Bahama cruise out of Florida.

Any advice?

I have 1 NCL, 4 RCI, and 2 CCL cruises. My NCL and one of my RCI cruises were the Sky and Majesty of the Seas, both of which are the ships doing the 4 nighters to the Bahamas.

Compared to CCL's ships doing that route, NCL's advantage is the abundance of balcony rooms. That said, I found the ship to look run down and worn. The decor was very bright, almost like colors from a kid's playroom. Service was hit or miss and the food wasn't too great. I didn't like the Freestyle way of cruising. I think service suffered. The Sky's rooms are very small compared to CCL's Fantasy Class.

RCI's Majesty (also Monarch) is a very pretty ship. The public areas are more open than Fantasy Class and the ships are not nearly as crowded. The decor blows CCL away. However, the staterooms are very small on those older ships. Food, I think, was on par with CCL. RCI only has 2 of those ships left and I'm sure their days are numbered.

Archived