What does DH stand for?

Tim Cruise

• 3 years later...

The "D" can have multiple meetings, depending on your mood & the context! (Dear, Darling, Dumb, Ditzy....). For a long time, I was amazed that so many of my online friends had husbands with the same initials/nickname, so don't feel bad!

Don't forget DS, DD, SIL, DIL:

Dear Son, Dear Daughter, Son-in-law, Daughter-in-law. SIL could also be sister-in-law. and the list goes on...BIL, MIL, FIL. Hmmm, funny, I don't recall seeing mother or father shortened, but for them we have Mom and Dad, which are short already.

Personally, I alternate between using DH and hubby.

I'm sorry but you all left the door wide open on this one. Depending on my mood and time of day I usually can refer to my hubby as a "DH". Although in most cases it refers to him as simply "D*$k head"! LOL Of course, I am the only one who basically reads it that way. I luv my man don't get me wrong, but sometimes it just frankly fits!

do any of you (wives) use DH when referring to their husbands? (phew! that was too much to type...all 8 letters. I have carpal tunnel now)

AGREED! I don't understand how typing two letters is THAT much of a shortcut when referring to your spouse (unless you don't know how to type and use the "hunt and peck" method of typing). I will be sailing with my husband and two beautiful little boys. LOL

AGREED! I don't understand how typing two letters is THAT much of a shortcut when referring to your spouse

The overuse of acronyms is one of the things that drives me bonkers about this site. Could it take THAT much effort to type stuff out? Sometimes I need a translator just to understand some of the posts :/

Archived