How can I take a case of water on?

hartskys

Yes, or put it in a cooler without ice and they will deliver it.

You do know Im sure cant bring coolers larger than 12 x 12 x 12 and porters have been refusing cases of water or soda where you just slap on a luggage tag instead of packing them in luggage I hope.

Just a FYI, that Id put it in something with a handle if you want to be sure it makes it to your cabin.

Have you ever had the water on a ship - I find nothing wrong with it. I fill a reusable bottle on the Lido and use that. Some people don't like the water or trust it. I guess because we always have to fly and sometimes aren't staying near a store it was never an issue for us.

You do know Im sure cant bring coolers larger than 12 x 12 x 12 and porters have been refusing cases of water or soda where you just slap on a luggage tag instead of packing them in luggage I hope.

Just a FYI, that Id put it in something with a handle if you want to be sure it makes it to your cabin.

We bring a soft sided one that is probably those dimensions. I certainly would not wheel one onboard. I know we can fit a lot into that little cooler.

last time i packed water into a roller suit case that we then used for souveneirs and stuffing the clothes back into because we never take the time to fold them up as nice and pack as tight as we did in the days ( ok weeks) heading up to the cruise

We bring a soft sided one that is probably those dimensions. I certainly would not wheel one onboard. I know we can fit a lot into that little cooler.

Two recent Conquest posters of reviews mentioned their coolers were barely above these limits and they were not allowed to carry it onboard. Even one inch larger and you better have it folded into a suitcase, not full of water.

My last 2 cruises, they were not letting any coolers on the ship, no matter what size, unless as firefly stated, it was a soft sided in you suitcase folded. it really has to do with who is working the port at any given day, some are strict, some let you slide, some don't care & some need to learn the rules before they tell a carnival passenger what they can & cant bring!

My last 2 cruises, they were not letting any coolers on the ship, no matter what size, unless as firefly stated, it was a soft sided in you suitcase folded. it really has to do with who is working the port at any given day, some are strict, some let you slide, some don't care & some need to learn the rules before they tell a carnival passenger what they can & cant bring!

We got around this by using our cooler as a carry on. We put all of our "bathroom" stuff, tooth brushes, hairbrushes, razors, etc in our cooler. During the cruise, we used it as an ice chest, at the end, we wiped it down and used it the same again.

We put water and sodas in a mid size suitcase, checked with baggage, which colapsed into another bag easily once it was empty.

We got around this by using our cooler as a carry on. We put all of our "bathroom" stuff, tooth brushes, hairbrushes, razors, etc in our cooler. During the cruise, we used it as an ice chest, at the end, we wiped it down and used it the same again.

We put water and sodas in a mid size suitcase, checked with baggage, which colapsed into another bag easily once it was empty.

They can spot a cooler and some ports are strict, you got lucky. Why would you tell someone else to take the chance just because you were not stopped?? Iv got more links to being stopped at Port Canaveral too and other ports.

Review of our Conquest 12/13/09-12/20/09 cruise:

The biggest delay was self-inflicted. We had a roll-on soft-sided cooler that looks more like normal luggage that we had packed with 24 sodas. It was about an inch bigger than the limit for coolers, but we didn’t think it would be a problem since normal carry-on luggage, including our other 2 carry-on bags, are much larger than this cooler. Let me tell you, they can pick out a cooler, and they very strictly follow the cooler size requirements. We just shifted the sodas and the collapsed cooler to one of our other carry-on bags. No big deal- just much heavier to carry rather than roll on 24 sodas. And it probably took about 10-15 minutes to get everything shifted and get the approval to continue on into the terminal. Next time we’ll just bring a larger roll-on bag as the soda bag. .

We just got off our Thanksgiving week cruise on the Conquest.

Warning - They were very strict on the size limits for coolers. I had a rolling cooler packed with my water and juice. It was bigger than the 12x12x12 limit (by 3 inches). We had to take the cooler back to the car. It turned out to be no biggie as we had a frig in the room, but the fiasco did slow down our getting on the ship ;)...

What is considered "small quantities" of beverages? The Carnival policy states that..."Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages".

Everyone that "smuggles" on alcohol gets flamed pretty hard on these boards because it results in higher prices for everyone else yet no one every says that those bringing on cases of soda or water are impacting the costs for the rest of us.

IMHO those bringing on more than maybe one soda or water per day is more of an impact than alcohol smugglers bringing on alcohol for a pre-dinner drink in their cabin. There would be no way to prove it, but my bet is the alcohol smugglers probably spend more during the cruise at the bars for more alcohol than the "legal" non-alcoholic carriers spend on additional non-alcoholic beverages.

What is considered "small quantities" of beverages? The Carnival policy states that..."Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages".

Everyone that "smuggles" on alcohol gets flamed pretty hard on these boards because it results in higher prices for everyone else yet no one every says that those bringing on cases of soda or water are impacting the costs for the rest of us.

IMHO those bringing on more than maybe one soda or water per day is more of an impact than alcohol smugglers bringing on alcohol for a pre-dinner drink in their cabin. There would be no way to prove it, but my bet is the alcohol smugglers probably spend more during the cruise at the bars for more alcohol than the "legal" non-alcoholic carriers spend on additional non-alcoholic beverages.

We smuggle alcohol and soft drinks. Our bar tab is still in the four figures. I can guarantee that drink smugglers still buy alcohol on board.

Depends upon who is working the docks that day, some will allow a case, some will allow a 6 pack, some will argue & tell you non is allowed.

I know in my case, i bring booze & still spend quite abit of money on Cocktails, yes it is for the before dinner drinks out on the balcony.

We smuggle alcohol and soft drinks. Our bar tab is still in the four figures. I can guarantee that drink smugglers still buy alcohol on board.

I completely agree with you. I was just thinking there could be a difference with non-alcoholic carriers. And was also curious as to what people thought was reasonable for non-alcohol. We've all seen the alcohol threads and how people get slammed there but never a mention of that person who brings on cases of water.

We had 4 in our cabin a few weeks ago and carried on 4 12-packs of soda and a case of water.

Thanks for the reply. I'm certainly not judging and only curious because the alcohol smugglers get so much grief so if you don't want to answer I understand. With that much soda and water do you purchase the soda card for anyone? How about water on deck or does the case get you through the week?

I agree, our first cruise we had soda and put a luggage tag on it and they refused to take it, so we carried it on. Second time, we packed it in our luggage.

We bring both soda and water onboard. First off...there is a certain diet ginger ale that I prefer that is not carried on Carnival (yes, I have checked). So I bring about 12 cans of that (this is for 2 people). Also my DH prefers a certain soda so we bring some of his too. The one DH prefers is hard to find in stores so I stock up when I do. Since it is so hard to find in stores, you can bet the ship doesn't carry it. We also take about a case of water. This is mainly to take off the ship. We are huge water drinkers so it takes us about 3 bottles each when we are off the ship (NO KIDDING). When we are on the ship we drink the ship water. Any water bottles not used in ports are used on the ship, mainly in our cabin. Allows us to take our meds or just have something to drink in the middle of the night without having to go up to the lido deck. Would I buy water or sodas on the ship? I have in the past, but we don't drink enough sodas to account for a soda card and I feel their bottle waters are too expensive. Plus their bottles are normally of a larger size and can be akward to carry. Not to mention that although I know the ships crew works VERY hard, I can not see paying a tip for someone to hand me a water bottle or open a can of soda for me. When I order a drink and someone has to mix it for me, then I agree on the tip. Please don't flame me about the tipping part, we know how hard the service industry is and how low it actually pays. We leave the start tips on our account and will tip extra for those who earn it. Last cruise my dh had a bad sinus infection and tended to want to sleep in, was not a problem, our cabin was always the last to be cleaned so he could sleep in. This "extra" service earned an extra tip! Was it a big deal in reality, no, but the service was so appreciated.

Archived