Carnival Liberty - Premium Balcony vs. Regular Balcony?

GeorgiaMomof4

We just returned from our Liberty cruise last Saturday. I had booked a regular balcony, and when I saw that prices had dropped close to the cruise I asked my TA to try to get me some onboard credit. Carnival wouldn't do that, but they did upgrade my cabin to an extended balcony -- is that what you are referring to? We were directly at the rear of the ship with a balcony that is much longer than the regular ones, and there were 2 chairs, a table, and a lounge chair. I thought this cabin was great -- loved the view and the extra space -- but I don't think I would be willing to pay extra for it.

We just returned from our Liberty cruise last Saturday. I had booked a regular balcony, and when I saw that prices had dropped close to the cruise I asked my TA to try to get me some onboard credit. Carnival wouldn't do that, but they did upgrade my cabin to an extended balcony -- is that what you are referring to? We were directly at the rear of the ship with a balcony that is much longer than the regular ones, and there were 2 chairs, a table, and a lounge chair. I thought this cabin was great -- loved the view and the extra space -- but I don't think I would be willing to pay extra for it.

I don't think this one I'm referring to is an extended balcony - just premium. Says it has a sofa bed and chair and it looks to be like an L shaped cabin kinda of. It's at the back corner it looks like - not directly in the back. What was your cabin number and I'll know by looking that way. I'd love to hear more about the Liberty from you. We just got off the Dream a few weeks ago and she was awesome, but we missed Roatan because she's so big and we're looking to go on a somewhat smaller ship next time and are looking at the Liberty. Did you do a review? If not, can you tell me what you thought of the ship and how you would compare it to others. We've only been on the Glory and the Dream. Thanks!

Premiums, get a aft wrap, or dont bother. I am not sure they are all aft wraps, but the balconys are HUGE and of course wrap around the cabin. I think one deck doesnt have sofas .. could be wrong .. but they are great cabins, if the price isnt too bad. Iv seen them on several ships and they are GREAT.

I don't think this one I'm referring to is an extended balcony - just premium. Says it has a sofa bed and chair and it looks to be like an L shaped cabin kinda of. It's at the back corner it looks like - not directly in the back. What was your cabin number and I'll know by looking that way. I'd love to hear more about the Liberty from you. We just got off the Dream a few weeks ago and she was awesome, but we missed Roatan because she's so big and we're looking to go on a somewhat smaller ship next time and are looking at the Liberty. Did you do a review? If not, can you tell me what you thought of the ship and how you would compare it to others. We've only been on the Glory and the Dream. Thanks!

The corner balcony you are talking about is an "aft wrap". I've never stayed in one, but I hear they're great! Our cabin was 6458. This was my 15th cruise and my 2nd cruise on the Liberty. I didn't do a review, but there are plenty of reviews from others. I usually choose a cruise based on the itinerary (time in each port, ports I haven't been to yet) and date rather than the ship. Any cruise is a great cruise!

Archived