Future Cruise Certificate Redemption

cruiserguy11

I love Carnival ... I hate their website. I think the website is run by Gnomes from NCL. :p

I first tried to redeem a couple of Future Cruise Vacation certificates two weeks ago .... I filled out the online form correctly and hit "Submit." Nada. It wouldn't send it. I then phoned Carnival, in the evening, and the girl said I had to phone back during the day when the Promotion Dept people are working. Fair enough.

Christmas and New Year went by and I got back on it this morning. All I wanted to know is if the first certificate redemption had been received.

First Carnival employee on the phone put me through to Promotions. I gave her all the information and she said, "I'll be right back." Waited 15 minutes on the phone. She never returned.

I then phoned back ... this time speaking to a person in "Already got a cruise booked, press 4." I explained the problem and she said did I put in a back slash when adding FCV after www.carnival.com. I said I put in a forward slash as the certificate instructed. She said I must put in a back slash. I said I had put in a forward slash and the correct redemption form came up which I filled out but when I hit "submit" it just sat there. She told me to change computers. Aaarrrrrgggghhh.

I then phoned back again, requested Promotions AGAIN...this time talking to someone WHO ACTUALLY KNEW SOMETHING.

So this information is directed to those who have trouble with redeeming a Future Cruise Vacation certificate.

(1) Your computer must be using Internet Explorer.

(2) You must turn off Popup Blocker.

(3) You must have Carnival.Com added to your "trusted sites."

Once I followed her instructions the redemption went through and I received a notification that the information had been received. This notification is kinda hidden in the middle of one of Carnival's normal pages. So read it well to make certain they received the information. The woman also said I'd receive a confirmation email tomorrow. And I believe her since I swear she's the only one at Carnival who knows what's happening with FCV's.

I love Carnival ... I hate their website. I think the website is run by Gnomes from NCL. :p

I first tried to redeem a couple of Future Cruise Vacation certificates two weeks ago .... I filled out the online form correctly and hit "Submit." Nada. It wouldn't send it. I then phoned Carnival, in the evening, and the girl said I had to phone back during the day when the Promotion Dept people are working. Fair enough.

Christmas and New Year went by and I got back on it this morning. All I wanted to know is if the first certificate redemption had been received.

First Carnival employee on the phone put me through to Promotions. I gave her all the information and she said, "I'll be right back." Waited 15 minutes on the phone. She never returned.

I then phoned back ... this time speaking to a person in "Already got a cruise booked, press 4." I explained the problem and she said did I put in a back slash when adding FCV after www.carnival.com. I said I put in a forward slash as the certificate instructed. She said I must put in a back slash. I said I had put in a forward slash and the correct redemption form came up which I filled out but when I hit "submit" it just sat there. She told me to change computers. Aaarrrrrgggghhh.

I then phoned back again, requested Promotions AGAIN...this time talking to someone WHO ACTUALLY KNEW SOMETHING.

So this information is directed to those who have trouble with redeeming a Future Cruise Vacation certificate.

(1) Your computer must be using Internet Explorer.

(2) You must turn off Popup Blocker.

(3) You must have Carnival.Com added to your "trusted sites."

Once I followed her instructions the redemption went through and I received a notification that the information had been received. This notification is kinda hidden in the middle of one of Carnival's normal pages. So read it well to make certain they received the information. The woman also said I'd receive a confirmation email tomorrow. And I believe her since I swear she's the only one at Carnival who knows what's happening with FCV's.

thanks for the info..I was trying to get mine, but like you the page was going nowhere ..I also had to go into compatibility mode for it to work

Same here...have to use IE and be in compatibility mode before filling in the information.

I had the same fun getting mine submitted. I finally got an email from Carnival but it showed "Conquest" as the ship (I know I selected the Breeze). :rolleyes:

Hopefully things will work out OK since I put in our booking number.

I had the same fun getting mine submitted. I finally got an email from Carnival but it showed "Conquest" as the ship (I know I selected the Breeze). :rolleyes:

Hopefully things will work out OK since I put in our booking number.

LOL I got the same thing...did FCC for the Breeze...confirmation said Conquest. The credit does show up on the Breeze and I did call and they said it was credited to the Breeze not the Conquest.

Still waiting for my FCC to go through on my other cruise...17 days now...geez.

LOL I got the same thing...did FCC for the Breeze...confirmation said Conquest. The credit does show up on the Breeze and I did call and they said it was credited to the Breeze not the Conquest.

Still waiting for my FCC to go through on my other cruise...17 days now...geez.

Cool at least there is hope! :p

I thought I lost my mind for a bit but it sounds like the I.T. folks still have some work to do.... :rolleyes:

CCL's website has always had issues. I had the same problem with a FCC redemption and learned of the compatibility mode fix here on CC.

I like Carnival, but you would think that a multi-billion dollar company would have the money to design a more user-friendly website!

It would be so much simpler if they had a place when you actually book the cruise to put in the certificate number where you put in the credit card information and have it applied at booking. In my case I only booked cruise 3 week before sail date and of course required full payment at booking. I went ahead and submitted my certificated ... not sure what will happen if will credit my cc back for the 100.00 or what. Finally showed up my Shipboard Credit but it was only 50 (5 day cruise) and not 150 so hopefully somewhere along the way they will give me back the 100 deposit.

It would be so much simpler if they had a place when you actually book the cruise to put in the certificate number where you put in the credit card information and have it applied at booking. In my case I only booked cruise 3 week before sail date and of course required full payment at booking. I went ahead and submitted my certificated ... not sure what will happen if will credit my cc back for the 100.00 or what. Finally showed up my Shipboard Credit but it was only 50 (5 day cruise) and not 150 so hopefully somewhere along the way they will give me back the 100 deposit.

I have submitted mine twice, first time was over 2 weeks ago. Carnival said if I went ahead and paid the $100(which is what my final payment is), and the certificate goes through, then it will be refunded back to the credit card I paid for it with.

I have submitted mine twice, first time was over 2 weeks ago. Carnival said if I went ahead and paid the $100(which is what my final payment is), and the certificate goes through, then it will be refunded back to the credit card I paid for it with.

Thank you!

Thanks!! I followed the directions and it finally worked. I really think Carnival makes it difficult in the hopes that you will get frustrated and just give up on redeeming your certificate. I just got the standard email that says they will process in 5-7 days.

Just so you know, apparently they are very behind in processing these things so it will probably be longer than 5 to 7 days. I submitted one on Dec. 15 and I'm still waiting. I have called multiple times and everyone says to just keep waiting.

Just so you know, apparently they are very behind in processing these things so it will probably be longer than 5 to 7 days. I submitted one on Dec. 15 and I'm still waiting. I have called multiple times and everyone says to just keep waiting.

You submitted yours a week before I submitted my last one so I will wait a while longer before I resubmit. I just can't understand why they don't take them as they receive them.

Any modern website should be designed to work in all major web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox & Safari - also mobile Android/iPhone web browsers. Carnival has no excuse for allowing this to remain unfixed despite knowing about the issue for some time now.

Very poor web design. The page is really only a simple email form. It's silly not to fix this. The Carnival IT Dept should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to continue.

Same question here. I have a mac with Safari? (and my homepage is aol, if that makes a difference)

Sorry can't help you with a mac or safari..maybe someone else will be able to.

Now 23 days since submitted last FCC and no second email saying I received the credit. Wish they would hurry up.

Anyone else still having problems getting their credit?

How do I get into "compatability mode?"

I was wondering the same thing here is what I found under the help menu:

"If Internet Explorer recognizes a webpage that isn't compatible, you'll see the Compatibility View button on the Address bar. To turn Compatibility View on, click the Compatibility View button to make the icon change from an outline GetContent.aspx?assetID=f080e77f-9b66-4ac8-9af0-803c4f8a859c&documentSet=en-US&Prod=WIN700&Market=US to a solid color GetContent.aspx?assetID=156805ff-3130-481b-a12d-4d3a96470f36&documentSet=en-US&Prod=WIN700&Market=US.

From now on, whenever you visit this website, it will be displayed in Compatibility View. However, if the website receives updates to display correctly in the current version of Internet Explorer, Compatibility View will automatically turn off."

How do I get into "compatability mode?"

When I got mine to work I had to change the web address from http to https and then add Carnival to one of my trusted sites. My husband did it for me but it seems like once he changed their web address then there was a drop down or window to add to trusted. I think Carnival makes this unbelievably hard so that maybe some folks will just give up :mad:

Archived