OBC question...how soon?

GAMOM4

I have not had any problems at all .... within minutes actually...getting my free upgrades...actually I just got another one tonight..but how long is it taking for people to get the OBC once they submit the form? I should have a $230 OBC when it finally comes through.

I have not had any problems at all .... within minutes actually...getting my free upgrades...actually I just got another one tonight..but how long is it taking for people to get the OBC once they submit the form? I should have a $230 OBC when it finally comes through.

I submitted within 15 minutes of the start of current sale and haven't heard anything. Could go to Lido Deck handicap room but it stated a lip into bathroom and that won't work for me. We are in modified room that has no lip anywhere on Empress Deck so stated we wanted to stay there. Even with so many people saying they have already received notification of approval and credit shown mine has not changed. There were nothing shown as available except for Lido (and even that said not available earlier today) until I went and checked a little while ago. Someone must have upgraded as there was an interior on Empress available. I resubmitted stating I wished to stay in room I already had on Empress (iit would only be a price drop) and hope I hear something soon.

If you submitted the form, you should get an email stating the approval or denial of the credit. This email has been sent to me within three days before. However, i have been waiting for a month on the last one. When i called, they said they had a large volume of credits and i should expect long delays. I will call again this week.

Where does it OBC show? I submitted mine last night and today my total was adjusted and I do not see where the OBC is posted.

I have already made my final payment and I made our booking with fare where you could get the adjustments if the price dropped lower, I cannot remember what it was called.

Yes, they're very inconsistent. I've gotten it within a few hours or as long as a week.

@Mxited: a month is way too long. Have you looked at your cruise docs to see if it's posted there? If you have and it isn't, then call them! It shouldn't be more than a week.

For those of you wondering how to find the OBC on your cruise docs...go to Manage my cruise and log in to your account. Select "View Cruise Docs" and a box will pop up. Select "Print General Information." This will produce a PDF--scroll to the second page and that's where you'll find any OBC you have.

If you submitted the form, you should get an email stating the approval or denial of the credit. This email has been sent to me within three days before. However, i have been waiting for a month on the last one. When i called, they said they had a large volume of credits and i should expect long delays. I will call again this week.

BTW, I don't get an email as often as I get one. I was waiting on three forms that I'd submitted and didn't receive any emails--looked on Manage My Cruise and there it was--that was two days ago. Still no email.

Just call Carnival if you wish we always do and OBC is on account instant. We had a friend whom summited a form online and after I told him to just call even thou form was in online..He called and got a PVP to just do it over phone right away also. Only 1 time I got a lazy PVP than ansewed the phones and had no clue what to do..Many other time I call my PVP if hes not on duty I call the reg 800 #. Im not 1 for waiting...LOL

Just call Carnival if you wish we always do and OBC is on account instant. We had a friend whom summited a form online and after I told him to just call even thou form was in online..He called and got a PVP to just do it over phone right away also. Only 1 time I got a lazy PVP than ansewed the phones and had no clue what to do..Many other time I call my PVP if hes not on duty I call the reg 800 #. Im not 1 for waiting...LOL

Glad that works for you. I don't have time to sit on hold so don't mind waiting for them to get to my form. :D

Yes, they're very inconsistent. I've gotten it within a few hours or as long as a week.

@Mxited: a month is way too long. Have you looked at your cruise docs to see if it's posted there? If you have and it isn't, then call them! It shouldn't be more than a week.

For those of you wondering how to find the OBC on your cruise docs...go to Manage my cruise and log in to your account. Select "View Cruise Docs" and a box will pop up. Select "Print General Information." This will produce a PDF--scroll to the second page and that's where you'll find any OBC you have.

My cruise document just states "As Agreed" on Pg 2, no dollars shown ? Is this because I booked through a TA ?

My cruise document just states "As Agreed" on Pg 2, no dollars shown ? Is this because I booked through a TA ?

I haven't booked through a TA in years, so I don't know if that changes what you see on your cruise docs, but I don't think it does. There should be a box that says Total Cruise And Air Charges at the top and then outlines what you paid. Then right below that is another box that has any OBC you have. Anyway, that's what mine show. If you don't have that, you may want to check with your TA to see what's up.

I haven't booked through a TA in years, so I don't know if that changes what you see on your cruise docs, but I don't think it does. There should be a box that says Total Cruise And Air Charges at the top and then outlines what you paid. Then right below that is another box that has any OBC you have. Anyway, that's what mine show. If you don't have that, you may want to check with your TA to see what's up.

My TA sends me a booking confirmation he receives from Carnival, and that copy shows my charges, not sure about OBC, but just submitted my FCD # yesterday which should get me $200 OBC, so I'll wait for the next confirmation from him and check that email.

Thanks.

submitted my form Tuesday night for the second price drop. Noticed today on my account with carnival that the price of the cruise was lower but my credit hasn't shown up yet. I have never had this happen before it is always at the same time. My cruise is paid in full and if I subtract what the new cruise price is and what I paid my obc should be 60 more.

My question is have you had this happen before to you and should I wait the 7 days?

Archived