CPAP information from Princess

zahav1

This question has come up before and lately on roll call.

Regarding getting distilled water for CPAP machine.

Princess will supply distilled water for passengers. It requires a fax to “Group onboard services” @1-661-284-4770 with the request. Include booking number and cruise date and cabin number.

Tell them that you need the water for a CPAP. They also remind that this person should bring an extension cord. They really want the request as soon as you have your final booking.

They also would like the medical form found online to be faxed to their medical department at 1-661-753-0121. This one to be filled out by a doctor but it looks like that is for people with “real” health issues

I posted a question about CPAP's on another board, since my wife now uses the device. I've taken all the steps you noted ... but virtually every reply on my thread indicated that nobody sent the medical form to Princess, and there were no consequences. Oh well ... we're covered. They know we're bringing it, we'll have a gallon of distilled water waiting, and all information (including insurance) has been provided.

One more thing ... CPAPs are medical devices, and as such are not counted as carry-on luggage by the airlines. I received all kinds of good advice about passing the thing through security in those filthy trays (including leaving it in the case, but tucking the flap under), keeping an extension cord with the machine, and other such suggestions. We're not anticipating any problems. Thanks for the information.

Al

The medical form is not necessary. They just want a letter sent to onboard services that you are bringing a cpap so the ship can be notified. I travel with a cpap and have never notified any of the cruise lines. I will this time since I already have it noted on my booking.

Archived