"Sideways" inside cabins

hollydog

We had cabin R407 on Ruby Princess in Oct. 2010. It was one of six "sideways" inside cabins on Riviera deck. Much bigger than regular insides. Does anyone know if any non-Grand class Princess ships (i.e. Dawn) have similar oversized inside cabins?

We had cabin R407 on Ruby Princess in Oct. 2010. It was one of six "sideways" inside cabins on Riviera deck. Much bigger than regular insides. Does anyone know if any non-Grand class Princess ships (i.e. Dawn) have similar oversized inside cabins?

I did a search for R407 and it came back with numerous threads, some with pictures. It does appear that those cabins are larger, or at the very least, arranged differently to appear larger.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=22352631

We have an aft cabin (B726)on the Dawn Princess booked for our next cruise . The TA said it was 10% larger than regular inside cabins.

If you search on R515 or sideways cabins, you'll see several threads that address the sideways cabins. This one has photos:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1413767&highlight=r515

We have an aft cabin (B726)on the Dawn Princess booked for our next cruise . The TA said it was 10% larger than regular inside cabins.

It probably is...at least it seems larger. On the Sun/Sea/Daw, we like those cabins that are off the perpendicular corridors better. The vanity is definitely longer.

I am booked in cabin C106 on the golden, it appears bigger on the map. I checked prior threads and found an old post with pictures. Definitely a different (better) layout, we'll see if its really bigger in September :p

I am booked in cabin C106 on the golden, it appears bigger on the map. I checked prior threads and found an old post with pictures. Definitely a different (better) layout, we'll see if its really bigger in September :p

Yes, please let us know if C106 is bigger. I asked the room steward in that area and he told me it was the same as the other rooms. I was curious too, but I really don't like being that far forward on the ship.

Archived