Miracle - So Caribbean- help does the ship dock on the port side for all ports?

Brandomom

Several friends and I just booked the Miracle next March...ports are Aruba, Curaco, Grand Turk & Dom Rep. We have a chance to move to an aft suite but its on the starboard side? Does anyone know if the ship docks on the port side for all of these ports? We like to watch the goings on at the ports.....Thanks.

Several friends and I just booked the Miracle next March...ports are Aruba, Curaco, Grand Turk & Dom Rep. We have a chance to move to an aft suite but its on the starboard side? Does anyone know if the ship docks on the port side for all of these ports? We like to watch the goings on at the ports.....Thanks.

Dom Rep- Tender, so doesnt matter

Grand Turk- port my week but if 2nd ship in port then you might not be able to see anything.

Aruba- Port, do not know if this changes if other ships are in port as we were the only ones there.

Curacao- we docked in the channel because the qm2 was in port also, so both sides were good... looked like if we docked where qm2 was it would be better to be port.

We have been at ports where the ship pulls in forward and other ports where the ship pulls in backwards. There really is no way to tell which way the captain will choose.

We usually get port cabins because we also love to watch all the action as we come into and leave the ports. But on our last cruise, we were in a starboard cabin and faced each of the ports.

I prefered looking at the ocean/island vs. the dock and another ship a stones throw away. In Cozmel, the starboard was looking at another ship, as was Costa Maya. I think it's the luck of the draw which side they deside to dock, and which direction. I think I will stick with port. It's all good!

Ya never know how you'll be docked or anchored. It's a crap-shoot no matter which side you chose.

It depends on many things: how many ships are in port, how the seas are, do they have to back in or pull in forward.....

Archived