Epic family mini-suits that connect? Or can balconies connect?

MizLizzie

Looking to book 2 rooms in categories M2, M3, or M4 for a large family group on either Deck 12, 13, or 14. It looks as if none of these rooms connect. Can anyone confirm this? Or can anyone tell me if, at the very least, the balcony partitions can be removed? This would be a big help.

I do see some regular mini-suites in Category MA, MB, MC, MD, & MX that connect, but they appear a bit smaller. Correct? We need at least 3 in one room and 4 in the other.

Many thanks for any advice.

Lizzie

The balconies connect. I would not book a connecting room again because the door takes away storage space in the room. Most rooms are standard balconies. The next level up, with a little more room, used to be called deluxe balconies but have been renamed mini-suites. There's nothing "suite" about them, but they do provide a little more room. We had 11 people in three BA balcony rooms without any problem (14022, 24, 26).

My 13yo son was staying next door with my parents because I have a family of 5. On the other side of them was my brother and family of 4. We actually used the balconies to connect between all 3 rooms, and not so much the inner connecting door. If the balcony curtains were open, you could walk in. If they were closed, it means that someone wanted privacy. It worked out well. :) We had commented that if we sailed Epic again we would just get adjacent rooms, not necessary joining rooms (with door).

Here are a couple of pictures showing the connecting door inside and the balcony doors opened.

This is shot from 14022's balcony, showing 14024 and 14026 balconies

249-vi.jpg

430-vi.jpg

View through the connecting door from 14024 to 14022. You will notice that there is a fold-down shelf that can be used over the doorway if the door is closed. On the other side there's no such extra storage/room. Just a door. These shelves are folded up vertical in this picture, but you can see the pegs on the left side that hold it up (my father hung a shoe horn on one of them. lol)

490-vi.jpg

1292-vi.jpg

Wow, dsmike! Thanks for that. Like your own private terrace! :) Do you think the family mini suites would have the same folding partitions? I can't imagine they would not . . .

Great shots. Thanks again.

Yes, they do. Another hint is that you can open them yourself if you're creative. We used a stack of coffee stirrers, but it was a bit of a pain since they were not very strong and it took a bit of effort to turn the lock. Would have been a lot easier with something metal and maybe tapered.

292-vi.jpg

Yes, they do. Another hint is that you can open them yourself if you're creative. We used a stack of coffee stirrers, but it was a bit of a pain since they were not very strong and it took a bit of effort to turn the lock. Would have been a lot easier with something metal and maybe tapered.

292-vi.jpg

You could always ask your room steward to open the partitions since they have the magic key but we just didn't feel like waiting.

• 4 months later...

Somehow ran into this post while doing a google search about connecting rooms. I'm not understanding the comment about the shelving. If both doors are closed in each room, is there available removable shelving in both rooms? Is it just the one shelf ? If just in one room is it the Quad or the Triple occ. room. Thanks!

My 13yo son was staying next door with my parents because I have a family of 5. On the other side of them was my brother and family of 4. We actually used the balconies to connect between all 3 rooms, and not so much the inner connecting door. If the balcony curtains were open, you could walk in. If they were closed, it means that someone wanted privacy. It worked out well. :) We had commented that if we sailed Epic again we would just get adjacent rooms, not necessary joining rooms (with door).

Here are a couple of pictures showing the connecting door inside and the balcony doors opened.

This is shot from 14022's balcony, showing 14024 and 14026 balconies

249-vi.jpg

430-vi.jpg

View through the connecting door from 14024 to 14022. You will notice that there is a fold-down shelf that can be used over the doorway if the door is closed. On the other side there's no such extra storage/room. Just a door. These shelves are folded up vertical in this picture, but you can see the pegs on the left side that hold it up (my father hung a shoe horn on one of them. lol)

490-vi.jpg

1292-vi.jpg

Looking to book 2 rooms in categories M2, M3, or M4 for a large family group on either Deck 12, 13, or 14. It looks as if none of these rooms connect. Can anyone confirm this? Or can anyone tell me if, at the very least, the balcony partitions can be removed? This would be a big help.

I do see some regular mini-suites in Category MA, MB, MC, MD, & MX that connect, but they appear a bit smaller. Correct? We need at least 3 in one room and 4 in the other.

Many thanks for any advice.

Lizzie

I don't believe there is any difference in the room size between the family mini suites (m2 etc) and the mini suites (ma etc). From what I can see, they are the exact same square footage. I may be wrong but I thought the only real difference is the family mini suite's proximity to the kid's club.

SDMike is obviously the expert on connecting rooms. I see he's commented already but I thought I'd mention that there is no size difference that I'm seeing.

Have a great cruise too, btw!

All mini-suites are the same size, and all balcony rooms are the same size (although several feet shorter than the mini-suite).

The shelf was in the triple occupancy with the bed by the balcony. There was no extra shelf in the quad with the couch near the balcony. I think it's more likely that the position of the bed/couch is the determinant of who got the shelf, not whether it was the 3 or 4 person room. But that's just a hunch.

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense re: position of the couch. Good Thinking!

After thinking about it, I think any connecting, standard balcony cabin will have the shelf when the flat wall is on the right when you enter the room. This is how my folk's room was set up. The couch will be by the door, and the bed near the balcony. If you think about it, if the bed and flat wall are in a different position the furniture would have to be different. Look at the deck plan and room 14024. That's what you're looking for. If there's no connecting door you will have a bigger closet.

Archived