NFL on NCL?

Don't know about the Jewel in particular, or a transatlantic, but they've had ESPN on all the NCL ships we've sailed. It's pretty cool watching a football game, because there are no commercials -- they'll be running tape, scanning the crowd, etc., during the commercial breaks.

Let's se we have a Patriots and Red Sox Fan concerned about TV coverage while planning a Cruise , What a sad state of affairs.

I fit right in I'm looking at our next cruise and trying to plan it around the PAT'S bye week or away games. Got to have your priorities in order.

Let's se we have a Patriots and Red Sox Fan concerned about TV coverage while planning a Cruise , What a sad state of affairs.

I fit right in I'm looking at our next cruise and trying to plan it around the PAT'S bye week or away games. Got to have your priorities in order.

We booked our January cruise on the Gem and then it hit us...we'll miss a Pats playoff game unless it's on ESPN. :eek:

(Yes, we're confident! :D )

It sort of depends on how big the game is. We did our Jewel TA during the World Series and they were broadcasting games on a huge screen in the Spinnaker Lounge.

Not a football fan so I don't know if ESPN regularly broadcasts games, but the ship likely wouldn't do a big-screen version unless it were playoffs or the Superbowl.

your right-priorities must be in order. planned our cruise around red sox visit to seattle on june 26-28. we have box seats to games on 6/26 and 6/27. it would be impossible to get those seats in boston. now lets hope they play better than they are doing oakland.

We have been on 3 cruises during playoff times. The Star showed the final 4 in basketball and the Superbowl. The Pearl this year had the Superbowl on TV. Other than that only what is shown on some ESPN may be covered. So for standard programming yu are out of luck. Just TIVO it and watch when you get back home. Then you can just fast forward thru the commericals. :)

We have been on 3 cruises during playoff times. The Star showed the final 4 in basketball and the Superbowl. The Pearl this year had the Superbowl on TV. Other than that only what is shown on some ESPN may be covered. So for standard programming yu are out of luck. Just TIVO it and watch when you get back home. Then you can just fast forward thru the commericals. :)

But Tom, sometimes the commercials are the best part of the broadcast (especially if one were a Redskins "fan" this past year:p )!

Don't know about the Jewel in particular, or a transatlantic, but they've had ESPN on all the NCL ships we've sailed. It's pretty cool watching a football game, because there are no commercials -- they'll be running tape, scanning the crowd, etc., during the commercial breaks.

Did you say ESPN on the ships?? :) That makes me a very happy man...we are traveling in October as well and I'm a BIG Alabama football fan...there's a good chance that one or more games while we're gone might be on ESPN, so there's a chance I might not miss 'em.

ROLL TIDE! :)

Did you say ESPN on the ships?? :) That makes me a very happy man...we are traveling in October as well and I'm a BIG Alabama football fan...there's a good chance that one or more games while we're gone might be on ESPN, so there's a chance I might not miss 'em.

That is EXACTLY my fiance's concern about our cruise in November. Here's hoping that ESPN will carry it, then! I mean, what would a fall Saturday be without Big Al???

Keep in mind a lot of time it is ESPN International - not the same line up.

Keep in mind a lot of time it is ESPN International - not the same line up.

It's also only ONE ESPN channel. We have been lucky enough to be on a couple of cruises when ESPN was carrying Red Sox-Yankees games. The best one was a cruise out of Philly when there was a nice mix of both fans.

Checked schedule on Patriots.com. ESPN has Monday Night Football, and the Patriots are scheduled on October 1 (we will be cruising Hawaii), and on December 3. What time does Monday Night Football air in Hawaii ?

Checked schedule on Patriots.com. ESPN has Monday Night Football, and the Patriots are scheduled on October 1 (we will be cruising Hawaii), and on December 3. What time does Monday Night Football air in Hawaii ?

While you out enjoying the islands ;)

I fouund it . The perfect cuise for a Red Sox/ Pat's fan The Zuiderdam sails on Nov 10. Only a few days after the Red Sox win the World Series and the Pat's have a Bye week. Sounds like a plan

We will be traveling at the End of October on the Jewel's transatlantic repositioning, and it just occured to me we it's football season....what, if any. live sports channels we will be able to get onboard? Patriots fans here?

We sailed the Dawn in September 2007 and they showed a 1:00pm, 4:00pm & 8:00pm game on TV. No commercials.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

• 4 months later...

Oops. Wrong cruise line. :)

A few years ago, I was on 'that' cruise line and watched the Super Bowl on the nine-storey screen while sitting on the pool deck.

There was something surreal / different about sitting on a cruise ship in the middle of the Caribbean watching a LIVE NFL game and the Super Bowl nonetheless! :)

This year, I hope we'll have more entertaining things to do than watch NFL football (regular Sunday game) when we leave on Dec. 15 on the Sun.

Sailed a few weeks ago on NCL Majesty; The Espn connection was vertually non existent . Tryed to watch the Monday night Pats game . A minute of coverage followed by two minutes of blank screen.

Same thing with the Sox game

Good Luck

Archived