Sawyer Glacier/Tracy Arm Shore Excursion

TomAndJane

My wife and I are on board the May 30th sailing of the Dream. The ship is in port at Juneau from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. She will not be sailing down the Tracy Arm to Sawyer Glacier but I have advertisements about several companies that have day trips to Sawyer Glacier. NCL is not offering this type of shore excursion to NCL Dream passengers. My question, is any one else on a Dream sailing taking a day trip to Sawyer Glacier or does any one recommend a company to take this trip with? We will be in Juneau on a Sunday if that matters. Any help you can be will be greatly appreciated.

The problem with taking Tracy Arm independently- especially for a first time visitor, is it takes up most of your port day. Juneau is certainly worthwhile with the many activities there. Are you sailing Hubbard or Glacier Bay??? These will give you a great glacier viewing day. Do you go to Seward??? By all means take advantage of the Kenai fjords boat tours, out of Whittier??? just EXCELLENT glacier boat trips- superior to Tracy Arm in my opinion. I suggest you may want to determine if there is anything of interst in Juneau and go from there. : )

Thanks for the advise Budget Queen. We were in Alaska last year on the NCL Spirit and did a lot when we were in Juneau. We are going to Whittier on the Dream (We wish we were going to Seward). In addition, we are seeing Hubbard Glacier. We just loved Tracy Arm last year and wanted a repeat trip. I called a couple of vendors and they do not take reservations from ships arriving at 8:00 a.m. So we might do something different. We are going to do A Blackstone Glacier excursion in Whittier. Is that any good? Reason we are not booking the 26 Glacier tour on our own is because the Dream is going up the College Fjord after we leave whittier.

Archived