What to wear on October MED.cruise

ISLAND DIVA

We are cruising in October from Barcelona,ports are mostly in Italy ,Croatia and Monetengro.What type of clothes should we pack for this time of year.

Would capris be too cool ?Would it be sweater weather.I know that the port information says to dress appropiately as there are visits to churches.No shorts or tank tops.

For the evening on the cruiseship,what type of clothing ,we are use to cruising south in the winter therefore we always had sun dresses.etc for tropical climate.I assume that would not be appropiate for this cruise.

Thankyou for your help.

Island Diva, I use this web site to look up historical weather averages.

http://www.wunderground.com/

You will have a mix of weather. On some days it will be in the 70s and the 80s. You may find some days or some ports cooler than that. Not sure if you are going in early or late October which can also be a factor.

Bring a light jacket and sweater and also shorts but for the place you mentioned wear either capris or a long skirt.

At night dress like you would since you are inside the ship. You will see a wide range of clothing.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

We did a Med. cruise at the end of October last year and I ended up bringing many thin layers. It was always cooler in the morning and evening, but I would need to peel off a layer or two during the day while we were walking around. It was actually the perfect time of year to go because it wasn't brutally hot during the day. I do remember getting pretty cold at night.

We cruised in October last year and found capris appropriate throughout. The complication came when we spent 8 days in Rome at the end. People had moved into "winter" while we cruised and everyone was wearing long pants, mostly in black, and my one pair got a real workout over the days!

We did a Med Cruise from Barcelona last October and the weather was very variable. Cannes was fair, wore dark capri pants with a 3/4 sleeve dressy t shirt, Rome was warm, long white linen trousers, t shirt and waterfall cardigan with long sleeves to cover arms up when needed. Pisa, white capris t shirt and waterfall cardigan again, Genoa was cold so dressy jeans top and jacket used for flying, Naples was warm so day dress.

Best thing I took was the lightweight cotton waterfall cardigan, could be used to keep warm, keep the sun off, and cover up arms when in churches etc. Hope this helps.

We just did a Mediterranean cruise mid-to-late April, and I would think the weather was comparable to what it'll be in October (70-75 degrees).

I wore capris a lot during the day, long pants a couple times, and shorts a couple times. Needed a lightweight windbreaker twice, wore short- sleeved cotton, knit tops a couple times, but really loved my three lightweight cotton cardigans. Wore them over tanktops - very versatile and I could take them off as needed, yet had my arms and shoulders covered from the sun, when going into churches etc.

I even wore my cardigans in the evening for dinner a couple times, with long white pants or a short black skirt.

Other outfits I wore in the evening were a black dress, a leopard print top with black pants, a gold lame top with white pants, a zebra print fly-away cardigan over a black top and black pants, a cream fly-away cardigan over a black top and black pants and so on... As you can see, I wore black a lot, accented with a bold top or cardigan. I did wear my white pants a couple times at dinner time as well, once with a black sequined tunic top and once with a silver-and-white lightweight knit tunic top.

I brought three pairs of dress shoes: a black strappy sandal, a silver and black strappy sandal, and a white sandal - all with a 1 1/2-inch heel.

I also had three evening purses: a black beaded one, a silver sequined one, and a black lacy one. Plus of course necklaces, earrings, bracelets to go with everything. I also changed my hairstyle a lot - headband, bun, sleek, curly etc. Use your imagination, and most of all, have fun!

Archived