taco lover

Best Kids' Programs?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Best Kids' Programs?

• Royal Caribbean
    • Carnival
    • Other - Please Explain

Hello all,

I'm new to cruises, and my parents are taking us and our two kids on a cruise in April '07 to Mexican Riviera. We've kind of narrowed it down to either Carnival or Royal Caribbean, but which one do you think is best for kids? Daughter will be 5 and son will be 3.

The ships are Carnival Pride or Spirit and RC is the Vision of the Seas.

Any advice will be appreciated. TIA.

Hi! I can't vote, as I've never sailed RCCL. Have taken 4 Carnival cruises though! We choose Carnival by default: they were the only one who would take a 2 year old in their camp AND changed diapers. Our first cruise DD was 25 months, and I knew where her brother went (especially if it looked as cool as the kid's camp!) she'd want to follow. Sure enough she did, and we all had a great first cruise.

We have really enjoyed Carnival. Really have no complaints, and each and every cruise has been truly wonderful. So much so that we're planning our 5th in the eastern Med. next April! I KNOW we're all going to have a great time!

Whatever you choose, I hope you and your family really love it!

Hi -

I've priced the Mexican Riviera to take my girls (we went in Feb and are going again in October) and have found that Princess ends up being the best deal because the 3rd/4th person fare is less (but that also depends on the week you go). As an adult I prefer Princess, so the fact that it was also less expensive made the decision easy. My girls were too young to be left alone in the kids program (age 3 is the minimum), but I went with them and saw how much the kids there loved it. Since the ports are the same, and I think the kids are going to enjoy themselves no matter which you choose, you might make your decision based on either price or which you think the adults will most enjoy.

Have a great time - I think cruising is a great way for a family to travel together.

Best,

Mia

My DD has participated in Camp Carnival on the Pride and the twice on the Spirit. She loved, loved, loved them both.

We've never sailed RCCL so can't comment on their program, but I understand both lines are comparable. We've always had good experiences on Carnival and so have stayed with them. We're on Princess later this summer because they offered the itinerary we wanted with an addition stop at Princess Cays. Looking forward to seeing how my DD enjoys the Princess kids' club.

Have a great time!

Jayne

Also consider Disney. We took our DD at 4 on the Disney ship and she had an absolute blast! All the shows are perfect for the kids and the Characters are everywhere! This year we are going on RCCL as she is now 6 and can enjoy the skating and mini golf. Be aware that a lot of shore excursions will not allow kids under 4 (it is an insurance thing). Both my kids fell in love with the cruise experence from the first day on the ship, it is a great family vacation.:D

Archived