Grandeur of the Seas ~ Baltimore 2013

I'm waiting for reviews also. I'm sailing on May 31st and haven't been able to find any recent review. The general consensus on here is that since the Grandeur was sailing RT from South America, we wouldn't see many reviews until the sailings from Baltimore start.

We are booked for the June 7th sailing and am counting down the days!!! :)

We sailed on Grandeur OTS in 2006 out of Baltimore. Have since sailed on Enchantment OTS twice out of Baltimore(2011 & 2013). LOVE Enchantment's crew of Cap'n Gus, Cruise Director John Blair and his wife, Katrina (Activities Coordinator). We're hoping the crew on Grandeur are as pleasant and fun!

Grandeur will do its first sailing out of Baltimore this Friday (May 3rd.) I posted a request on their roll call wishing them a great cruise and requesting some reviews when they get back. Hopefully someone will comply, as so many of us are waiting for current reviews:)

Grandeur will do its first sailing out of Baltimore this Friday (May 3rd.) I posted a request on their roll call wishing them a great cruise and requesting some reviews when they get back. Hopefully someone will comply, as so many of us are waiting for current reviews:)

Yes, I believe there was a thread a while back about the Grandeur and some CC members said they would post when they return. Can't wait!

:)

Edit: Now that I think about it, they may be on the cruise that is bringing it back to Baltimore.

looking forward for new reviews & pictures of the Grand. We were on her out of Baltimore Oct. 2009 for a Jazz cruise.

Loved her then., and expect to enjoy her just as much as we did the Enchantment this past Feb.

Well getting soon for the first sailing going out in this Friday...will be anxious to see how things are on the ship! I am also curious of the port...have never been to baltimore port...

This may sound like a silly question, but if we are sailing on Grandeur out of Baltimore to Bermuda, does it make a difference which side of the ship your cabin is on? You would see same things at sea, but is there a better side to be on when you are in port? I think the ship spends two days in Bermuda.

When we sailed from B'More to Bermuda back in 2006, the port side (left) would have had the better view of Bermuda. Assuming that's how RCL typically docks their ships in that port, that would be your best bet. Your travel agent may have better insight. Good luck! :cool:

sj25 the port of Baltimore is a very easy port to get to. It is right off the Ft McHenry exit. The parking is very safe and secure. Royal Caribbean passengers park on one side of the lot and Carnival parks on the other side.

Looking for some reviews on the Grandeur as we sail May 24th.

sj25 the port of Baltimore is a very easy port to get to. It is right off the Ft McHenry exit. The parking is very safe and secure. Royal Caribbean passengers park on one side of the lot and Carnival parks on the other side.

Looking for some reviews on the Grandeur as we sail May 24th.

Thanks, It will be our first time in Jan...and hope we really like the port and have a good experience. Since we can drive to this port and would be so nice not have to fly....that is really a expense, it seems to be going up more and more and hard to find the times of flights I want....lol

Well getting soon for the first sailing going out in this Friday...will be anxious to see how things are on the ship! I am also curious of the port...have never been to baltimore port...

The Port of Baltimore is very easy to access from I-95, Exit 55. When you get off the exit, drive to the end of the ramp and you will see the ship. Can't miss it. Parking is very easy, and it's a very short walk to the terminal.

Since this is your first time sailing out of Baltimore, do not miss sailing under the twin Bay Bridges. You should reach it 2 hours after you leave the port.

Have a great cruise!

I agree about the Port of Baltimore - easy access from the highway and a wonderful staff (can't wait for Aug 16th). The port is the last exit (55 - Locust Point) before the tunnel if coming from the south and the first after the tunnel from the north. Make sure you are in the right bore of the tunnel if you are coming from the North. This will be our ninth cruise from there. Not flying makes the experience so much better - no luggage hassles, connections, etc.

We sailed the EN twice to Bermuda last year. Once we docked port and the second time Starboard. I don't know if there is any pattern to which way the ship docks.

We sailed the GR in 2009 from Baltimore. It was BFF's first cruise and we had a great time. The ship was well run and the crew friendly (some moved to the EN when she was in Baltimore). We are actually in the same cabin this August as in 2009.

This may sound like a silly question, but if we are sailing on Grandeur out of Baltimore to Bermuda, does it make a difference which side of the ship your cabin is on?

There's no way to predict which way the ship will be tied up in Bermuda. Maintenance issues and/or the weather factor in to their decision.

From what I've heard on Enchantment, the ship will dock so that it can test the lifeboats that need to be tested that week. I've been on it more times with the starbird side next to the pier but have been on it both ways.

Archived