I heard this on the radio...but I'm skeptical...

I was driving this morning and heard Carmen Electra say that there was a free 2 day cruise offer...so I looked it up http://www.cruises-4-free.com/?affiliate_pro_tracking_id=80:2:US

I've never even heard of this cruise line! Couldn't find a board for it or anything (that's why I posted here). A free two day cruise sounds nice (it says all that needs to be paid is port fees). I'm very very skeptical about giving my info to them though. Has anyone else heard of this offer on their radio?

I know, an ad with Carmen Electra probably offers nothing valid or good, but as a broke, stressed out nursing student, a nice little get-a-way sounds amazing :)

Thank you in advance!! I'm just trying to not get...well..."screwed." For lack of a better word.

They have promotions similar to that all over the place. Usually you get the lowest category, and if you want to upgrade it will be expensive. They count on people wanting to upgrade (without doing their homework and price compare).

I have a voucher like that sitting on my desk right now. Free 4 day cruise on Carnival. Just pay port taxes. With all the exclusions, I doubt I will use it.

I was driving this morning and heard Carmen Electra say that there was a free 2 day cruise offer...so I looked it up http://www.cruises-4-free.com/?affiliate_pro_tracking_id=80:2:US

I've never even heard of this cruise line! Couldn't find a board for it or anything (that's why I posted here). A free two day cruise sounds nice (it says all that needs to be paid is port fees). I'm very very skeptical about giving my info to them though. Has anyone else heard of this offer on their radio?

I know, an ad with Carmen Electra probably offers nothing valid or good, but as a broke, stressed out nursing student, a nice little get-a-way sounds amazing :)

Thank you in advance!! I'm just trying to not get...well..."screwed." For lack of a better word.

Probably Regal empress ship. Plus tips,and bahama depart taxes about $69 me think.

Maria

I read the terms and conditions, and you can count on $59 port fees and taxes. Additionally, if sweet crude goes over $40 a barrel, you are also charged $9/pp per day. Inside staterooms only. It says one certificate per stateroom, so I'm guessing the other person has to pay full fare. And finally, you agree to be hounded by the travel company and "their partners" by phone and email into eternity regardless of whether or not you participate in the no-call list.

I didn't see anything about agreeing to a 2 hour time share pitch. I will say, however, that I have seen these ships in port and they are small - which translates to a rough ride.

It may be an adventure, but probably not one I would take advantage of.

I read the terms and conditions, and you can count on $59 port fees and taxes. Additionally, if sweet crude goes over $40 a barrel, you are also charged $9/pp per day. Inside staterooms only. It says one certificate per stateroom, so I'm guessing the other person has to pay full fare. And finally, you agree to be hounded by the travel company and "their partners" by phone and email into eternity regardless of whether or not you participate in the no-call list.

I didn't see anything about agreeing to a 2 hour time share pitch. I will say, however, that I have seen these ships in port and they are small - which translates to a rough ride.

It may be an adventure, but probably not one I would take advantage of.

Youre right!

Probably Regal empress ship. Plus tips,and bahama depart taxes about $69 me think.

Maria

Regal is gone as they had to dock the Regal Empress due to the requirements of Safety Of Life At Sea (SOLAS).

The company was replaced by Celebrations Cruise Lines, same folks, different.

The ship, the Bahamas Celebration, is a converted car ferry. It looks like they've done a fair job of converting her but the one review I read wasn't terribly impressive.

The 'free' cruise thing has you sitting through some time share promotion... ugh...

:(

Click on the TERMS of this offer (left side of home page)

FREE, as you stated, but with $59 port and tax fees its says rather ambiguously. It also says $9.00 per day fuel supplement if oil is above $40 per barrel ! !

Later on there is mention of its 100% non-refundability, blackout dates, government taxes, service charges, Florida State Tax, gratuities.

In the grand scheme of things, Jordan, the commissionable part of a 2 day cruise (which is what your getting that's FREE) wouldn't be very much with a mainstream cruiseline compared to all the other costs you must add to this OFFER. Air from Oklahoma, transportation to the port and back, is going to be a major cost for such a short cruise.

Carmen Electra is better suited to bouncing along the beach than promoting cruise bargains. :rolleyes: (love those blue eyes)

Caveat Emptor. :D

I heard it too.. but really didnt pay attention.. lol

I would be skeptical too. How much do they want for the port charges? A friend recently tried to book a Carnival cruise using a 'free' certificate and as it turned out, after it was all said and done, I was able to get her a better deal booking online with Carnival than with her using the supposedly free certificate. Nothing is ever free in life (except upgrades, for those of you reading my other thread....)!

Click on the TERMS of this offer (left side of home page)

FREE, as you stated, but with $59 port and tax fees its says rather ambiguously. It also says $9.00 per day fuel supplement if oil is above $40 per barrel ! !

Later on there is mention of its 100% non-refundability, blackout dates, government taxes, service charges, Florida State Tax, gratuities.

In the grand scheme of things, Jordan, the commissionable part of a 2 day cruise (which is what your getting that's FREE) wouldn't be very much with a mainstream cruiseline compared to all the other costs you must add to this OFFER. Air from Oklahoma, transportation to the port and back, is going to be a major cost for such a short cruise.

Carmen Electra is better suited to bouncing along the beach than promoting cruise bargains. :rolleyes: (love those blue eyes)

Caveat Emptor. :D

You're absolutely right. There is NO cheap air from Oklahoma :(. I'm coming to live by you in California so I won't be land locked!

You're absolutely right. There is NO cheap air from Oklahoma :(. I'm coming to live by you in California so I won't be land locked!

40 minutes from 2 Carnival ships (SPLENDOR & PARADISE)

2 hours from 2 more Carnival ships (SPIRIT & ELATION)

It doesn't get any better. ;)

I would be skeptical too. How much do they want for the port charges? A friend recently tried to book a Carnival cruise using a 'free' certificate and as it turned out, after it was all said and done, I was able to get her a better deal booking online with Carnival than with her using the supposedly free certificate. Nothing is ever free in life (except upgrades, for those of you reading my other thread....)!

But just think...

You could book the free cruise, then try to weasel your way into a free upgrade, based solely on whining about poor "customer loyalty" and flawed logic that they'd have an easier time filing your free inside cabin.

Just a thought.

It's not all bad. I sailed on the Regal Empress that did this same literary.

The had to scarp the ship do to Solars.

they started a new line with a new ship (well rebuilt) ferry.

Living in Fl I will do this for a quick 2 day get away.

Here is there web site.

http://www.bahamascelebration.com/

Here is a link right here on Cruise critic

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=580

Here is picture's of the ship.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/7792511_8SNyR#507370943_vJ9Uo

As of now they are charging $5 pp per day fuel

But just think...

You could book the free cruise, then try to weasel your way into a free upgrade, based solely on whining about poor "customer loyalty" and flawed logic that they'd have an easier time filing your free inside cabin.

Just a thought.

Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

Archived