On Grandeur now..

Very nice cozy little ship... the food in the main dining room is very good. There is a sewer smell in the centrum on the lower deck. But I might not of notice it unless I was looking for it. Overall the ship is in decent shape and the staff are happy. I would be happy to sail on the ship again. : ). Now back to the pool bar!

Very nice cozy little ship... the food in the main dining room is very good. There is a sewer smell in the centrum on the lower deck. But I might not of notice it unless I was looking for it. Overall the ship is in decent shape and the staff are happy. I would be happy to sail on the ship again. : ). Now back to the pool bar!

We were on Enchantment last year, loved her too. The closest we got to water today, was Lake Erie, Ontario, here in Canada. We walked up to a viewing point, beach below and could only dream of Summer. We had frost this morning. Better than some Cdns. They had SNOW! :cool:

Enjoy!

We were on Enchantment last year, loved her too. The closest we got to water today, was Lake Erie, Ontario, here in Canada. We walked up to a viewing point, beach below and could only dream of Summer. We had frost this morning. Better than some Cdns. They had SNOW! :cool:

Enjoy!

I'll be getting on Friday as well. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I was thinking that the ship may be a little too small for my liking, but my favorite ship that I've been on thus far is the NCL Spirit, and they are similar sized. Hope you have great week!

We are ok. Bad fire on deck 3 and 4. Headed to Freeport. Lifeboats we lowered and opened as we stood at 3 am for over 4 hours at our muster station. Passengers were ill (passing out and vomiting). Not sure if we will continue or what.

Coast guard plane was circling us and Carnival Sensation was called to stand by. We could see it lit up in the distance. This was scary. The crew was serious. Crew was running wigh fire hoses and it took 2 hours to actually put out the fire. I heard it was in deck 3 after mooring room...all those ropes. On a happy note my toilet is flushing even better than before! We update if possible

We are ok. Bad fire on deck 3 and 4. Headed to Freeport. Lifeboats we lowered and opened as we stood at 3 am for over 4 hours at our muster station. Passengers were ill (passing out and vomiting). Not sure if we will continue or what.

Thank you for posting.

By this I believe that you are stating that they were moved into position next to the deck. This must have been a frightening experience for you and all on board.

Again, thank you for posting.

Please keep us informed.

Posted on RCI FB page : Grandeur of the Seas experienced a fire on the aft mooring deck this morning which was quickly extinguished. All guests and crew are fully accounted for. The ship is in calm seas, has full power and is making it's way to Freeport, Bahamas for evaluation. We will post more information as it is available.

Prayers and good thoughts for all who on board. Grandeur is a wonderful ship, her crew is fantastic. I am so sorry you all had to go through that, but so glad that everyone was OK.

Rev

+1 - she was the first cruise we took and a great ship.

Karen

Glad to hear all are safe!:D

I'm sure Royal will do whatever possible to insure all their guests will enjoy the rest of their cruise.

Future Cruises:

Celebrity-Summit-Bermuda-2013

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda/Caribbean-2014

2014 Quantum of the Seas – Inaugural

2015 Quantum of the Seas – Caribbean

Past Cruises:

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda/Caribbean-2013

NCL-Norwegian Gem-Bahamas-2012

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Eastern Caribbean-2012

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda-2011

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda-2011

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Eastern Caribbean-2011

RCCL-Allure of the Seas-Labadee Extravaganza-2010

NCL-Norwegian Jewel-Bahamas-2010

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda/Bahamas-2010

NCL-Norwegian Jewel-New England & Canada-2009

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Eastern Caribbean-2009

HAL- Eurodam-NYC Introduction Cruise-2008

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Southern Caribbean-2008

RCCL-Radiance of the Seas-Hawaii Circle-2007

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda-2006

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda-2006

RCCL-Jewel of the Seas-Westbound Transatlantic-2005

RCCL-Voyager of the Seas-Western Caribbean-2004

RCCL-Serenade of the Seas-Canada-2003

Sorry to hear all this. Woke up to the news. I am certainly glad everyone is OK. Sorry for the people who got ill. I think I would be too. So scary to happen in the middle of the night.

We are set to be on the Grandeur on Friday, so will be monitoring the threads and RCCL web site as to updates. I hope all goes well and they are able to get things back to order soon.

Everyone on board, I wish you all good luck and so sorry this happened to you. Take care.

Gwen :)

Glad that everyone is safe!! Thanks for reporting back to us!

Archived