Carnival Bayahibe Beach Break??

JenandBuddy

Can anyone provide me with a review for Bayahibe Beach Break excursion? We are traveling to La Romana on Carnival Miracle 11/10 and need info!! PLEASE:) I am also considering Catalina Beach Break, both excursions for us I believe. Just wish there was more info out there!!

Thanks, Jen

Sounds like if you want a beach break go to Dreams, DIY via the resort not the cruise ship.

Or take a ferry/boat to Catalina Island?

I'm looking for more info on the Altos Chavon village and the $7 shuttle from the port. Anyone do that?

• 6 months later...

We just returned from La Romana, I would suggest one of these 2 self-excursions (in order of excellence) - or

Seavis Saona Special, best excursion we've done in quite some time.

Taxi to Dominicus Beach for the beach, then return to nearby Bayahibe for some shopping/lunch by the water and to see that bay.

Don't do the ship excursions. The people are so friendly and you want to see the real DR and its natural beauty, especially with Seavis.

See the excellent reviews here and on TA

My Husband and I did this excursion on the Miracle the end of March, I could not find much ahead of time on it either but chose to give it a try and.....what a great day at the beach, the bus takes you to a 5 star resort! It is wonderful, beach is great, pool is fantastic, you get free drinks (alcohol) and a lounge chair. There are restaruants and gift shops there on your own. I was shocked at what a nice resort it was. We were looking for a relaxing beach day and we certainly got one. Do not hesitate to do it if you want a beach day. Do not know why there is not much on the boards about this one. Enjoy Bayhibe Beach excursion!

Many people head to the Dreams Resort on their own, just take a taxi there and buy a ticket at the lobby from what I've read here and on TA. But unless you're very familiar with the area I would be a little more adventourous and taxi to Dominicus beach then head back to Bayahibe rather than go to a resort. But that's us...

Too many folks actually complain La Romana is a terrible port but they either stayed on the ship or only ventured slightly from the ship, really too bad as the Saona Island, Natural Pool and mangroves are beautiful and the people extremely friendly.

The Seavis tour to Saona last month was fantastic! We've been on 8 cruises, taken the best cat sails on several islands, and we've stayed on several islands, and this tour was one of our favorites. Read the reviews on the La Romama forum here and on TA.

Have a great time!

• 2 weeks later...
My Husband and I did this excursion on the Miracle the end of March, I could not find much ahead of time on it either but chose to give it a try and.....what a great day at the beach, the bus takes you to a 5 star resort! It is wonderful, beach is great, pool is fantastic, you get free drinks (alcohol) and a lounge chair. There are restaruants and gift shops there on your own. I was shocked at what a nice resort it was. We were looking for a relaxing beach day and we certainly got one. Do not hesitate to do it if you want a beach day. Do not know why there is not much on the boards about this one. Enjoy Bayhibe Beach excursion!

You are correct;and, Catalina is also very nice. Interestingly, today Groupon has a deal for an all inclusive stay at this resort for 575 for two for 5-7 nights.

• 2 weeks later...

Question to all...is the Carnival Bayahibe Beach break TO Dreams? Or is Dreams a DIY option, and the Carnival Bayahibe beach break is to another/separate resort other than Dreams?

• 1 month later...
Question to all...is the Carnival Bayahibe Beach break TO Dreams? Or is Dreams a DIY option, and the Carnival Bayahibe beach break is to another/separate resort other than Dreams?

I never have been able to find an answer to this. Usually I can find info down to the smallest details but never can get an answer to this.

Every one pushes independent tours, but what if we like the security that if something goes wrong the ship will wait if we are on their tours?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived