Champagne Catamaran from St. Thomas to St. John??

GLCAS

We did the half day last year and had a great time. The crew was fun and informative. We had snacks and rum punch as well as an assortment of beers. There was time for snorkle off the beach in St. John. We motored over and sailed back. I would do this again. I would recommend the morning sail rather than the afternoon. We were on the morning sail and ran a little long and I am sure that it ended up shorting the afternoon group that was waiting when we got back.

Has anyone done this excursion with Princess? How did you find it? Were there alot of people there? I tried asking this on the St. Thomas board and didn't get any answers..........maybe here?

A couple we were with on CB in Sept. did it and loved it.. it was deathly hot and humid then (only drawback).. personally have heard nothing but good things about it and beats the taxi/ferry/taxi hassle to St John IMHO.. have never gone to St John any other way than via water.. great snorkeling and usually not too crowded areas

oh, they did the half day catamaran..

Sounds Great! Now, do you all know which beach it was you went to on St. John? :confused:

We're looking these places up on Google Earth and it's fun to have an idea ahead of time.

I just went on this excusion on my 11/11 Crown cruise. They took us to Honeymoon Beach. Personally I did not care for the snorkelling -- we just didn't see that much. But the catamaran, crew, snacks and drinks were GREAT! So it depends on what is the most important to you. Hope this helps!

we did the half day sail and it was fun - we went to honey moon beach and we were with a good group of people -

we also have done the taxi - ferry - taxi on our own to trunk bay and IMO it was a much better experience - we weren't rush, we had time to relax and chill on the beach, I snorkeled for close to 2 hours while watching two ship excursions come and go -

When we go again we will be doing our own thing

I just went on this excusion on my 11/11 Crown cruise. They took us to Honeymoon Beach. Personally I did not care for the snorkelling -- we just didn't see that much. But the catamaran, crew, snacks and drinks were GREAT! So it depends on what is the most important to you. Hope this helps!

We've been to St. John several times on cruises and not. We have had good luck snorkeling @ Honeymoon. It is a beautiful beach as well. Snorkeling is always better when there isn't alot of boats. Maybe the area has been over used now? Sounds like a good fun boat trip anyway!

We have done this excursion twice.... the first time was the best by far, a full day sailing with the catamaran sailing from alongside the cruise ship. This was a smaller cat', "Heavenly Days" which belongs to the Bolongo Bay resort.

day-cruise.jpg

The two hour sail over, takes you along the scenic south side of St. Thomas, through Current Cut on the eastern tip and across Pillsbury Sound where St. John beckons. At Honeymoon beach on St. John, you will have at least two hours to swim, snorkel, or just relax on the beach. A vibrant coral reef is easily accessible, and has an abundance of colorful tropical fish and marine life. Quality snorkel gear, instruction, and a guided snorkel tour are provided. A full complimentary bar is available throughout your tour and a delicious champagne buffet luncheon will also be served. After this memorable visit, sit back and relax during the 90 minute down wind sail back to St. Thomas.

Second time we had a shorter (half day) sail, and went by bus for 20 or so minutes to a marina before boarding the cat'.

Take loads of sun screen... you will need it!

We took the full day last year. When we were researching this excursion, most people preferred the full day.

The full day excursion picks you up at the ship.

Has less people.

Has a very nice lunch. Home made brownies.

Free-flowing champagne, rum punches, beer, soda, you name it.

Archived