Allure of the Seas November 25, 2012 Post Thanksgiving

smoosh21

• 2 weeks later...

I almost didn't want to go because it was Eastern Caribbean again and I have already been to St Martin enough, but some friends of mine wanted to go so we booked. They better book now :)

Been on the Oasis and it is a great ship.

I have done 2 post Thanksgiving and 2 other PP cruises with a 3rd coming up in May. They do a good job of organizing.

• 1 month later...

My partner and I are thinking about booking on Allure for the post thanksgiving cruise.. it would be our first time with pied piper tour... any suggestions? Is it worth it? It looks like it is by reading the very few post.. to be honest it's also hard to find the right boards on cruisecritic.

Anyway any suggestions? We are from Canada and living in Ottawa.

Thanks

My partner and I went for the first time last year and we had a good time. We booked this cruise while we were on the ship. All the guys seemed to be real nice and PP did a good job. I didnt care for the beach package and then told it was another $5 once getting there if you wanted shade.

My partner and I are thinking about booking on Allure for the post thanksgiving cruise.. it would be our first time with pied piper tour... any suggestions? Is it worth it? It looks like it is by reading the very few post.. to be honest it's also hard to find the right boards on cruisecritic.

Anyway any suggestions? We are from Canada and living in Ottawa.

Thanks

I think Pied Piper is a very good way to join a cruise with many other gay couples, and not have to pay the rates of an Atlantis or RSVP cruise. If you want a very large number of people, then the post Thanksgiving is the way to go. It is less intimate, but they offer more events. They also put out a nice slide show of the week a month or so after the cruise.

You don't even have to take advantage of the Pied Piper events, if you don't want to.

We did the Oasis in january and it is an amazing ship. It should be a very fun week.

• 3 weeks later...

I did PP for the first time on this same window in 2011. Was a lot of fun. I have a deposit on this trip. Not because of the ports but the amazing time I had with the others in the PP group. Also, i'm curious about the Allure. I understand that is a destination in itself.

I did PP for the first time on this same window in 2011. Was a lot of fun. I have a deposit on this trip. Not because of the ports but the amazing time I had with the others in the PP group. Also, i'm curious about the Allure. I understand that is a destination in itself.

Having done the Oasis I can tell you that this ship is like no other.

I loved eating lunch in Central Park. I loved the way that so much natural light comes into the Royal Promenade. It is really something to see.

• 1 month later...

I'm looking into this cruise as well. We will be back from transatlantic on Nov 10 but partner can't take more time off. I'm debating about letting Pied Piper do a cabin match for me. Anyone ever done that? Doug

On the most recent Bermuda trip - Two guys at our table did the roommate matching - I don't think it went well.

I travel solo, and book a room even tho it's 200%. my rational is that i work hard all year and don't want the stress of an unknown situation when I need to relax.

I will be on this cruise as well. This is my 2 PP cruise and my 2nd post thanksgiving cruise. On my last post-thanksgiving cruise, Pied Piper actually had a Yahoo group that they created. Only those booked will have access to it.

However, this is a good place to start getting acquainted. :D

David

On the most recent Bermuda trip - Two guys at our table did the roommate matching - I don't think it went well.

I travel solo, and book a room even tho it's 200%. my rational is that i work hard all year and don't want the stress of an unknown situation when I need to relax.

I do the same thing. I even have a friend that I travel with well and we both have our own stateroom. Sometimes the rooms on a cruise are just too small even for friends. I can't imagine rooming with someone I don't know. But then again, you never know. LOL :p

• 3 weeks later...

I will be on the cruise. Luckily I met someone and I think we will be great cabin mates. Royal is my usual choice for cruises, and Allure sealed the deal for this cruise. I've heard you can never leave the ship and never see everything.

My cabin mate Terry had a question so I'll toss it out here: How formal/dressy/casual will others in the group be dressing for formal nights?

Thanks in advance. Doug

I do the same thing. I even have a friend that I travel with well and we both have our own stateroom. Sometimes the rooms on a cruise are just too small even for friends. I can't imagine rooming with someone I don't know. But then again, you never know. LOL :p

Well, maybe a 'roommate' for a hour or so... just sayn...

My partner, Brad and I will be on this cruise. This is my 2nd Pied Piper post-Thanksgiving cruise and very much looking forward to it and meeting new friends. Michael

How does one dress on 'formal nights?'

Hi all - currently considering this cruise. I've done a few PP cruises and am always impressed by the way they organize. Have always wanted to try their post thanksgiving cruise, and have been waiting to try Oasis class ship, so this might be the perfect time. I already have a few friends going.

Archived