taxi cost from Fort Lauderdale airport to cruise port

We just did it, but the other way. We got off the Allure this past Sunday and took a cab to the airport because the free bus line to the airport was just too long and we were in a hurry.

The cost was $13.30 and we didn't hit any traffic. Since the price isn't fixed, I guess if you hit traffic it could be a lot more.

By the way, and for those interested, we waited in line for a taxi, and were waiting for a van because we had a family of 4 with 5 bags. We waited for quite a while, because it seemed everyone needed a van and we thought we did, too. Not so. The driver of an older car with a larger trunk had a bungee cord. He piled up our suitcases in his trunk and we were off! The guy who hails the cabs told us many drivers carry bungee cords just for this purpose. Next time there will be no waiting for us!

This is good to know since I will be there in August. Thanks.

I think you missed this post...

We have been quoted a $20 flat rate. If it's early and no traffic tell them to turn on the meter or get out of the cab. It was $12 plus tip.

The ports are so close and there is very rarely any traffic between the two (I live within minutes of Port Everglades). This is especially true in August when all the tourists and snow birds have left.

If you do a flat rate it will probably be within the best interest of the cab driver, not you.

The ports are so close and there is very rarely any traffic between the two (I live within minutes of Port Everglades). This is especially true in August when all the tourists and snow birds have left.

If you do a flat rate it will probably be within the best interest of the cab driver, not you.

Okay, thanks.

Things are not always as they seem know what the rate should be...My flat rate was $12.00 (March spring break)..I knew this was what I should have been charged from prior experience..The couple standing in the Taxi line in front of us was quoted $15.00....;)

For those of you who flew in the day of the cruise, what time did your flights get in to FLL?

Arrived at 9:15am went directly to Port Everglades..We were 3rd&4th in line and the first to checkin at the priority line when the doors opened at 11:00am, first upstairs to wait and first to board at approx 12:00pm..That worked out great !!!!

Archived