Stomach Virus on Summit????

rebeccalouiseagain

It was the review on the thread entitled "Celebrity Cruiser tries Princess" comment # 59. The poster said she just go off the Summit and she and her son had a stomach virus. But if read the comments- I suspect this person just isn't a Celebrity fan period. I have not read anymore comments about stomach virus (noro virus).

I posted this. The day after we got off the 7/15 sailing, my son came down with it...me two days after that from him. It was on page three of the Celebrity/Princess thread, but apparently my post was deleted. It may have been an isolated incident, but I mentioned it since it was just the finale to a very mediocre cruise experience. I didn't mean to cause alarm...apologies.

It was the review on the thread entitled "Celebrity Cruiser tries Princess" comment # 59. The poster said she just go off the Summit and she and her son had a stomach virus. But if read the comments- I suspect this person just isn't a Celebrity fan period. I have not read anymore comments about stomach virus (noro virus).

I won't say that I'm not a Celebrity fan, but certainly not a Celebrity "Summit" fan. :)

Realistically, based upon when they got the virus they could have been infected anywhere, on the ship or in Bermuda since you are basically in Bermuda for three days.

It is always good to keep things in perspective, a little over 4000 people get noro on cruise ships each year and about 35 million Americans get it every year...

Someone posted that they just got off Summit and she and her son have a stomach virus.

Did anyone else just get off Summit? If so- were there many sick people?

My Husband and I went on the Disney Wonder a couple of years ago and he contracted the stomach virus. It was horrible he was sick for days! I "assume" that so many children with questionable hand washing techniques contribute to the spread of this disease. Not that we haven't witnessed adults not washing after using the bathroom.

We always wash our hands many times during the day especially after touching the stair rails. Best way to avoid- is washing many times a day.

The noro virus is very common. Cruise last year we were with a group of 8. 5 out of 8 got it so go figure. I did not get sick but was freaked out the entire time constantly washing my hands. Got lucky.

It can be on a ship and they not announce it.

Archived