whats the earliest you can board

acallahan

It's been several years since we cailed from SJ but I'm pretty sure we were on before noon. We got on, had lunch, got stuff put away, and got off again.

We toured the old part of downtown San Juan, had drinks at Senor Frogs and got back on around 5.

I like that plan! I told my bf that worst case, I'm sure we could get to the port, give our luggage to the porters and go sight seeing if they aren't ready for us to board yet.

We always leave our hotel in Miami at 10:15-10:30 and its about a 5 minute taxi ride. Typically, we're on board around 11:30 or so. Don't pay any attention to the suggested boarding time. Its the first day of your cruise, get on board and enjoy.

For the Victory out of SJ, we had the taxi drop us off at the pier around 11:30-11:45 am. We dropped off our extra luggage inside the building and were upstairs, with our cards and zone # in hand by noon-ish.

Boarding officially started around 12:30m, and even though we had Zone 5, we were stepping into the lobby by 1 pm.

We toured a nearly empty ship, which was perfect for taking pix w/o others in them, had a leisurely lunch on the Lido, checked out our cabin and were back out touring OSJ by 3 pm-ish.

Got back to the ship in plenty of time for supper, even after touring San Cristobal fort, hitting the festival going on while we were there, AND stopping at Senor Frogs for awhile.

IMO, the best way to do it, since it's like getting another port day built into your trip!!

Enjoy the Victory and your trip! And feel free to check out my review (plenty of pix!), link at the bottom with my signature.

we are checking out of our hotel at 11 and planning on heading straight to the ship but my documents I printed said boarding starts at 2:30. what is the earliest you can board the ship

I've been onboard, on the Lido deck, with a drink in my hand, lying in the sun, by 11:30am. I always get to the pier around 10:30am. They begin boarding no later than 12 noon. Be sure to take a bookbag with bathing suits and sunscreen as you board. We always change clothes on the Lido deck right after we board. If you don't, you're missing a big part of the day. The music begins around noon on the Lido deck.

Archived