Set Sail Pass vs. Travel Documents

BOAZ5

Got an email that our Set Sail Pass could be printed. When I logged on to print it, I assumed the Set Sail Pass and Travel Documents were going to be one in the same. Travel Documents haven't been issued. Set Sail Pass is needed for boarding correct? What are the other documents that are issued 45-60 days prior?

Travel documents are basic information about your cruise. Itinerary, directions to the port, RCCL rules, dress info, etc. You do not need to take these with you. The only exception would be if you have purchased transfers to and from the pier through RC, I believe there is a page that serves as your "ticket". They used to send the travel docs in the mail and it was in booklet form but now I think it's strictly email. I have never printed them out, just look through it and make sure info looks correct.

The only documents you need to take with you are sea pass, passport (or whatever you are using for id) and charge card!

Sherri:)

Got an email that our Set Sail Pass could be printed. When I logged on to print it, I assumed the Set Sail Pass and Travel Documents were going to be one in the same. Travel Documents haven't been issued. Set Sail Pass is needed for boarding correct? What are the other documents that are issued 45-60 days prior?

Basically it is the contract where they say you can't, and you agree you wont...

Smuggle alcohol onboard,

pee over the balcony railing,

roast marshmallows in the bathroom sink,

etc.

Then there is a little about where they plan to go, but don't actually have to.

There are also things explaining how you can book excursions through RCI instead of less expensive private companies.

Basically a couple dozen pages of shhhhtuff.

The set sail pass is all you really need to print and take with you.

Save all the other pages to a PDF for possible future reference.

You only need to print and sign anyour set sail pass for each person.

The travel documents are many pages with all information you need to know about the cruise, what you need, etc. Rather than print the travel documents you can click on "VIEW". I recommend you do that first. Most of it is informational and you do not need to print it.

If you've never read the "docs", you should...It does say that they don't have to take you anywhere they said they would, they can change the order of any ports, at any time, for any reason, and the ship doesn't even have to be seaworthy.....

Of course, if they DID those things, they'd be out of business...but when you buy your "ticket", you agree to their terms!

You only need to print and sign anyour set sail pass for each person.

The travel documents are many pages with all information you need to know about the cruise, what you need, etc. Rather than print the travel documents you can click on "VIEW". I recommend you do that first. Most of it is informational and you do not need to print it.

Hi there, I have a question about my set sail pass. My name and my husband's is on the pass, and lists me as the primary pass holder. There are 2spots for signature and they both have my name printed underneath it. So, do I still print off 2, and have my husband sign one, even though my name is printed under each line?

Thanks!

Hi there, I have a question about my set sail pass. My name and my husband's is on the pass, and lists me as the primary pass holder. There are 2spots for signature and they both have my name printed underneath it. So, do I still print off 2, and have my husband sign one, even though my name is printed under each line?

Thanks!

My set sail pass has my wifes and my name on it, never seen this before... you book through a TA? or through the RC website?

Unless I missed something, I agree that all you need to take with you is your set sail pass

BUT....... I could not find anywhere to request my pre-printed luggage tags until my edoc were available.

That's correct...your luggage tags are not available to order until your E-docs are ready...your setsail pass is usually ready to print shortly after final payment...and waaaay before your Edocs...I always keep checking the mycruises section of the site as I've seen my edoc's ready there a few days before I actually got the email telling me they were ready...

Unless I missed something, I agree that all you need to take with you is your set sail pass

BUT....... I could not find anywhere to request my pre-printed luggage tags until my edoc were available.

If you checked in online and properly completed the process, it then asked you if you wanted pre-printed tags mailed. That is how it worked for our upcoming Oasis cruise.

Darn! That was specifically on my "To Do" list on this upcoming cruise! :p:D

It's not that fun. The bathrooms are too small. You can't use a real stick like when you are camping. You can only use toothpicks, and then burn your hands before the marshmallow gets roasted.:)

Hard to find firewood on the ship too.:D

My set sail pass has my wifes and my name on it, never seen this before... you book through a TA? or through the RC website?

Yes, our set sail pass has both names on it too, but what I mentioned is the lines (2 lines) where we sign, has my name only already pre-printed, so not sure if we need to submit 2 seperate set sail passes signed by each person.

Basically it is the contract where they say you can't, and you agree you wont...

Smuggle alcohol onboard,

pee over the balcony railing,

roast marshmallows in the bathroom sink,

etc.

Then there is a little about where they plan to go, but don't actually have to.

There are also things explaining how you can book excursions through RCI instead of less expensive private companies.

Basically a couple dozen pages of shhhhtuff.

The set sail pass is all you really need to print and take with you.

Save all the other pages to a PDF for possible future reference.

Can't roast marshmallows in the sink? Forget it, I'm not goin'.

If you checked in online and properly completed the process, it then asked you if you wanted pre-printed tags mailed. That is how it worked for our upcoming Oasis cruise.

How close to your sail date were you when you completed the online check in? If it was only a month or so before your cruise, your travel documents may have already be ready. And thus you were allowed to order tags at the same time.

Had you completed your online check in 3 or 4 months in advance, then you would have had to wait for travel documents to be ready before you could have ordered tags.

Yes, our set sail pass has both names on it too, but what I mentioned is the lines (2 lines) where we sign, has my name only already pre-printed, so not sure if we need to submit 2 seperate set sail passes signed by each person.

Mine has both names, my husbands at the top and mine at the bottom, but I figured that was because it was my credit card that I put on for our seapass, and his name was the master on the reservation. Maybe I guessed wrong?

It's not that fun. The bathrooms are too small. You can't use a real stick like when you are camping. You can only use toothpicks, and then burn your hands before the marshmallow gets roasted.:)

Hard to find firewood on the ship too.:D

No sticks. Use a hanger instead. :p

I have the same question. One set sail pass with 5 passengers. Only asks for my signature. Assuming I only need one copy.

Only one Set Sail pass is required showing both names and only one name on the signature lines. A few years ago, there was one page for each cruiser, but this is the new format.

That is, as long as one person accepts the cruise contract, and the on board charge account for all in the room.

If you cruise with another, and set up different charge accounts, both have to sign.

That is incorrect, the setsail pass is NOT all you need to take with you. For check in you need 4 things, a passport, a credit card, your set sail pass and a completed health questionaire that is handed to you when you get to the terminal. If you do not have a passport then you need a state issued birth certificate and a state issued photo id, then of course also need to have your credit card for those onboard purchases.

Enjoy your cruise vacation.

Annieeee

Archived