HELP!! HOw do we put on luggage tags?

plmrod

Does the whole sticker go on? What about the part with the scanner? Sorry but no directions and our first time

Pull the paper off of the BOTTOM parts ONLY so that the ends stick together but the tag itself can "spin" so it can be scanned ;) The middle part should not stick together as it goes around the handle of your bag. :D

Does the whole sticker go on? What about the part with the scanner? Sorry but no directions and our first time

Hi there! There are directions on the back of the luggage tag. Just don't remove the whole backing from the front of the luggage tag. You're just removing, say, the lower third. If you do that, it's easy to just wrap the partially-peeled luggage tag around your luggage handle & stick only the uncovered sticky part to the other end, making a loop. Don't panic! ;D See the directions on the BACK of the luggage tag if you're confused by my description. Have fun!

No the whole sticker back does not come off, just one end comes off, to tape onto the other end when it is through the suitcase handle.

If you take the whole back off you will have one sticky handle.:D Hope that works for you. So, it is loose on the handle but joined at the ends by about 2-3 inches stuck together..............

Yes. They usually come in groups of three or four. You tear off one, then read the instructions on the back to put on luggage. There is a small piece about 1" x 1 1/2" of paper that you tear off exposing the adhesive. Then you place tag through handle on suitcase and stick the sticky part to the other end of the tag - kinda like the tags they put on luggage at airports.

I pull off where they say to on one side and then peel back and cut it off the same length on the other side and put the two sticky sides together. Very secure. I also put two on each bag. One on the top handle and one on the side because the odds of both "falling off" is very remote.

As stated before, it's best to wait until after you fly to put them on. It's easy for them to get ripped off and sometimes the airline personel are told to take them off as they can interfere with where the bags are sent once they go on the belt. They have machines that read barcodes on your airlines luggage tags and send them to the appropriate plane, sometimes the reader will read the wrong barcodes and send it to the wrong airline, I was a baggage handler once, it happens more often than you may think

not to hijack this thread, but where do you get the luggage tags? I received my edocs but no info on the tags

Try Edocs and put in your info. When you get to the Cruise Documentation page you should see a box to click on which will take you to a page to fill out and submit for your luggage tags.

For those of you who say to wait until after you fly to put on luggage tags, let me tell you my experience.

On my honeymoon, our flights were delayed and we made it, but one of our bags did not. The airport personelle was AMAZING and we told them we had our luggage tags on the bag. They assured us that our RCCL tag would be used to track our bag, and it met us at our first port of call. This would NOT have happened if we had not had our RCCL Luggage tag on the bag. Because it was on there, the airport knew which ship to send it to. Our first day was at sea, and it made it safely to the ship at our first port of call. I am fairly certain that that bag (which had all of our formal wear, it was our garment bag) would have been waiting for us at home without that tag, or been forever lost.

WE ALWAYS put our luggage tags on before we fly.

For those of you who say to wait until after you fly to put on luggage tags, let me tell you my experience.

On my honeymoon, our flights were delayed and we made it, but one of our bags did not. The airport personelle was AMAZING and we told them we had our luggage tags on the bag. They assured us that our RCCL tag would be used to track our bag, and it met us at our first port of call. This would NOT have happened if we had not had our RCCL Luggage tag on the bag. Because it was on there, the airport knew which ship to send it to. Our first day was at sea, and it made it safely to the ship at our first port of call. I am fairly certain that that bag (which had all of our formal wear, it was our garment bag) would have been waiting for us at home without that tag, or been forever lost.

WE ALWAYS put our luggage tags on before we fly.

Very good to know. Thanks for sharing this. You might want to start a new post with this information for all the people who won't drop in this room and see this.

You could even wait and have the porter at the departure port do your luggage tags. They know exactly how they are put on. Also, I suggest you put a piece of paper inside each luggage with at least your full name and a cell phone number, in case the outside tag comes off.

Archived