Salsa Salsa?

waldocruiser1

We are in about a week and a half. Reviews on Trip Advisor are for the most part great (you always have those few that don't like anything). We have done just about everything there is to do in Cabo, and this sounded like a lot of fun. Can't wait til they see my dance moves, I have 2 left feet! Last time I danced it was some Western dance- I was going one way & the rest another. Wasn't too concerned until I turned the tv on the next morning and the whole ship got to watch my not-so-instep with the rest moves- over & over. Oh well, if you can't laugh at yourself.....

We did it in Mazatlan in 2010. It was very fun. The salsas and the food were very good. My husband enjoyed helping cutting up the chiles,tomatoes, onions etc. It was very interesting learning to makes the salsas and margaritas.

I am on the "fluffy" side and even I enjoyed the dancing.

We stayed and enjoyed the hotel's pool area and beach for about an hour before heading back to ship.

I did this excurion with a couple of friends in March. It was alot of fun. I think you really need to be able to laugh at yourself. The staff really made this excursion memorable.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, my family and I did Salsa & Salsa about a week ago. We absolutley loved it!!! My children are 9 and 11, even they had a great time. It is a 5 minute or so bus ride uo the hill to a resort where they do the excursion.

You are served a cold beverage upon arrival and eated at a round table with all the salsa fixings on it. We learned how to make several salsas, including fruit and dessert salsa's. We were served quesedillas and taquitos as well as tortilla chips as we made them.

We also made 2 kinds of margaritas, virgin margaritas for the kids. Yummy. the kept refilling your glass as the excursion went on.

After that you learn to Salsa dance. Even my shy kids took part and had a great time!

When all is done you have the choice to return to your ship or stay at the resort to swim in the pools for an hours before returning. Yes they provide the transportation either way. We chose to swim, just the right amount of time. You cannot swim on the beach however due to the current. Not a big let down.

You are sent back with a copy of the recipes for all your salsas.

546858_4736294683977_807413933_n.jpg

400774_4736293883957_2094910434_n.jpg

576327_4736297724053_1230136928_n.jpg

560588_4736298564074_585903146_n.jpg

• 3 months later...
Thanks for your review. Can I ask what port this was in? The one we are looking at is in Mexico but I noticed a similar excursion in the Caribbean.

Katherine

Carnival has them in Cozumal, Progresso & Cabo, that I knopw of & there might be others.

Archived