Obstructed View cabins from Golden Princess - Emerald deck!

kooljamming

Here is my album of Obstructed view cabins. For those with concerns, these pics were taken while the cabins were vacant. Pictures were taken between 8 am and 8:36 am according to the cheap watch I was wearing at the time. The view might not be precise due to camera angle, inexperience photographer, and lightening but is a fair representation of what you will see. The aft balcony, cabin E730 with beam is included

http://travel.webshots.com/album/574160357udMMZr?start=0

There might be 40 -45 decent shots of the obstructed view.

Enjoy and Ciao

Kooljamming - thanks so much for taking the time to do this. I have saved this thread in my Favorites! Even though our upcoming room on the Golden (E414) is not pictured, I can use my imagination to kind of fill in what might be between the pictures of E412 and E416. (The guests in E414 must have been late checking out :D)

I have one quick question. In an Obstructed View room on the Golden is the bed right under the window or is it away from the window so you can stand at the window and look out? I have seen it pictured both ways on the Princess website.

I have one quick question. In an Obstructed View room on the Golden is the bed right under the window or is it away from the window so you can stand at the window and look out? I have seen it pictured both ways on the Princess website.
If you have the room set up as twins, you can stand between the beds and look out. If set up as a queen the bed is centered under the window.

If you have the room set up as twins, you can stand between the beds and look out. If set up as a queen the bed is centered under the window.

That wasn't the case with my sister's stateroom, E311, on the Golden Princess. They had the bed made up as a queen and it was against the wall, not underneath the window. Great obstructed view, they looked over a shorter lifeboat. She saw whales and orcas from her stateroom!

We put a hold on E401 this past Friday (Grand Princess) and from the diagrams it shows no lifeboats outside. There are several cabins like this and also some further back on the ship. Your pictures are showing a lot of machinery and paraphenalia outside. I'm wondering if it is the same on the Grand as on the Golden. Our travel agent did call Princess directly and they told her "they didn't know." Has anyone actually booked that cabin? I don't want to put a deposit on it until I actually know what gives. Thanks a lot. The pictures are a huge help.

first time on princess...we are in E623 on the crown....from the deck plan i have it looks like we can peer out between two lifeboats....we will be almost at the bow of the smaller life boat...last one in the lifeboat line starboard side....

a cruise is pretty darn good no matter what your view is.....IMHO

Kooljamming

Thank you so much for taking the time to take the photos. I know how

rushed we all on the day of disembarking and for you to do this, a big thanks.

I relied on your photos when we booked our aft cabin on the Star and it made me so excited and looked forward to our cruise.

We past your ship, we were on the Star as you entered Tracy Arm. Okay, which passengers yelled the loudest? By the way I love your sense of humor, enjoy reading your postings.

Thanks again.

San Diego Sue

We put a hold on E401 this past Friday (Grand Princess) and from the diagrams it shows no lifeboats outside. There are several cabins like this and also some further back on the ship. Your pictures are showing a lot of machinery and paraphenalia outside. I'm wondering if it is the same on the Grand as on the Golden. Our travel agent did call Princess directly and they told her "they didn't know." Has anyone actually booked that cabin? I don't want to put a deposit on it until I actually know what gives. Thanks a lot. The pictures are a huge help.

Your 401 cabin doesn't have a lifeboat in front of it, but there's a lot of "tackle" of one kind or another in front of the E cabins in the middle like that. We checked this out on the Star last Fall since we were planning to book on the Golden for Hawaii. I booked us into 415, which looks over the front of one of the small boats, since this looked to me to be less obstructed than the one in the middle.

Kooljamming

Thank you so much for taking the time to take the photos. I know how

rushed we all on the day of disembarking and for you to do this, a big thanks.

I relied on your photos when we booked our aft cabin on the Star and it made me so excited and looked forward to our cruise.

We past your ship, we were on the Star as you entered Tracy Arm. Okay, which passengers yelled the loudest? By the way I love your sense of humor, enjoy reading your postings.

Thanks again.

San Diego Sue

Thanks for finding the humor above all in my posts. I was just reminded how unnecessarily cruel some posters on CC can be. Thanks for making me smile. Just for you, our ships going by!

2405941150101627832S200x200Q85.jpg2898841130101627832S200x200Q85.jpg2234669400101627832S200x200Q85.jpg2556866610101627832S200x200Q85.jpg

We've booked E404 on the Grand for Jan. According to the photos posted here, there are walkways to get to the canisters holding the inflatable rafts. The canisters are below the sight line out the window. So it's not as bad as having one of the larger orange boats outside your window.

Thanks for your input Barb! There are no people I trust more than the cruisers on Cruise Critic. They're not selling anything, just giving truthful opinions and reviews. I've never had any bad information yet. We can live with the gear stored outside the porthole. Over the years, I swear, we've had cabins in the back of the ship, up front, up on the high decks, low decks, the "hump' on Royal, one inside (didn't like that one) balconies, and a suite. 22 in all. This time we are trying to save some money. The actual cabin doesn't "sell" the cruise for us. It's more the itinerary and the people who we cruise with. This will be our first Princess cruise. Most of the others have been Royal Caribbean and Celebrity and a couple of NCL. We are shopping around now after Royal kind of double crossed the loyal Diamond cruisers. After this one we might try Holland American.

not everyone has a suite !! thanks for the obstructed view pix....we are happy with our E623 so far on the Crown.....Dec 12 sailing. price was right. as long as i see daylight i am fine....the money in my pocket, the more cruises i can take

Our TA picked out our cabin on Golden for October 25 to Hawaii. We wanted to be on Emerald and had picked another cabin (I forget which one). She convinced us to change and we will be happy with out almost clear "obstructed view".

Thank you, your consideration is awesome!!

Jim

Archived