Laundry Facilities on Infinity

PENGUIN67

Anyone know if there are passenger self-serve laundry rooms? If so, how many machines and where are they? Are there detergent dispensers? We've had problems in the past where some ships did not have them, and we were forced to pay for cleaning.

Anyone know if there are passenger self-serve laundry rooms? If so, how many machines and where are they? Are there detergent dispensers? We've had problems in the past where some ships did not have them, and we were forced to pay for cleaning.

No passenger self serve laundry on "X" ships. There laundry and dry cleaning prices are very reasonable if you have to use them.

No passenger self serve laundry on "X" ships. There laundry and dry cleaning prices are very reasonable if you have to use them.

Maybe to you they are reasonable prices, but I feel paying over a $ for a pair of socks is NOT reasonable...they need to have a laundromat onboard!!!! Azamara tried to follow Celebrity"s lead...and have no laundry facilities...the protest on Cruise Critic board was long and definite...and before OUR sailing on Quest there was one up & running. (This is an upscale line...higher than Celebrity) Oceania has them...think I've heard Crystal etc. does too. I f you want to break into the 12-14 day cruise market...you need to have these facilities.

Maybe to you they are reasonable prices' date=' but I feel paying over a $ for a pair of socks is NOT reasonable...they need to have a laundromat onboard!!!! Azamara tried to follow Celebrity"s lead...and have no laundry facilities...the protest on Cruise Critic board was long and definite...and before OUR sailing on Quest there was one up & running. (This is an upscale line...higher than Celebrity) Oceania has them...think I've heard Crystal etc. does too. I f you want to break into the 12-14 day cruise market...you need to have these facilities.[/quote']

My mom won't cruise with me to ALaska on the Millenium this summer because she likes the Princess Cruise self service laundry (she has been to Alaska on both cruise lines). With luggage restrictions on the airlines she wants to pack light and in layers and be able to wash. If I hadn't grabbed a coveted aft FV for the incredible view, I would switch as well, but that balcony is hard to beat!

Quite frankly Celebrity and Royal will not have laundry facilities onboard due to the loss of revenue when you have to take up the space of two staterooms for each laundry. You may fit the laundry in one stateroom but the HVAC and plumbing needed for it takes up another stateroom. Plus you need to have them on multiple decks.

Azamara tried to follow Celebrity"s lead...and have no laundry facilities...the protest on Cruise Critic board was long and definite...and before OUR sailing on Quest there was one up & running.

I thought that the laundry room was already in existence because the R-ships had been built with them? I know Az was considering taking it out, but in the end they just left it as is.

I did find it useful to have the laundromat on our 2 week Azamara cruise, but on a 7 day cruise, I don't think I would miss it. On our 12 day Millennium cruise, we spent no more than $30 for laundry for the two of us and still managed with just one 25" suitcase and a small carryon each.

If the laundry room is there, I will use it, but if there isn't one...I'm glad to forego that task.:)

I thought that the laundry room was already in existence because the R-ships had been built with them? I know Az was considering taking it out, but in the end they just left it as is.

I did find it useful to have the laundromat on our 2 week Azamara cruise, but on a 7 day cruise, I don't think I would miss it. On our 12 day Millennium cruise, we spent no more than $30 for laundry for the two of us and still managed with just one 25" suitcase and a small carryon each.

If the laundry room is there, I will use it, but if there isn't one...I'm glad to forego that task.:)

You hit the nail on the head, Azamara had always planned on having the laundry rooms because they will tend to have longer cruises and the need for it. They were in existence on the ships as you stated and when they started it took a couple of weeks for some reason to get them up and running.

Maybe to you they are reasonable prices' date=' but I feel paying over a $ for a pair of socks is NOT reasonable...they need to have a laundromat onboard!!!! Azamara tried to follow Celebrity"s lead...and have no laundry facilities...the protest on Cruise Critic board was long and definite...and before OUR sailing on Quest there was one up & running. (This is an upscale line...higher than Celebrity) Oceania has them...think I've heard Crystal etc. does too. I f you want to break into the 12-14 day cruise market...you need to have these facilities.[/quote']

I will agree with everything you've said! $3.25 for a little cotton nightgown that doesn't need ironing is ridiculous.

The laundry room had been dismantled, and Azamara stated that it would not be having any laundry facilities on their ships. The washers and dryers were all brand new for our cruise, there were none until 1 week before our cruise (the first 14 day that Quest sailed) They kept having glitches pop up, They still have coin operated dryers, that run without money being added:D The Head of hotel stated that they hadn't planned on the laundry, because Celebrity didn't have them (and everything was based at first on Celeb., until they realized that many of their policies didn't work with the "Azamara Style" ie: Oceania style)

I'm sorry and don't take this wrong but I never understand how someone can take a two week cruise that probably costs $2-3 thousand dollars each and object to paying $50 to have laundry done.

We have had some laundry done on every one of our cruises with X. We have never paid $1 for a pair of socks. Usually sometime during the cruise X will have an "all you can fit in a laundry bag" sale. That's when you get that stuff cleaned. Their prices are about half of what we pay here in Seattle for laundry or dry cleaning so I don't have a problem with that.

We recently did a cruise on HAL's Oosterdam. Our first off X in 8 cruises. They had a laundry. We did not use it but were told by those that did that if you didn't get up at 3:00 am you couldn't get in the door unless you were willing to stand outside the laundry room waiting for more than two hours.

If I pay more than $2-3 thousand dollars for a two week European cruise, I am sure that my time on board could be better spent than standing in line outside a laundry room.

My lovely bride often does wash her unmentionables in the bathroom sink but that about covers it. I know that our laundry bill on any cruise (including three two-week cruises) has never been over $50 but our martini bill is often double that. :D

• 1 month later...

Took last month's Infinity to Panama Canal-South America. In our verandah cabin, there is a pipe on the verandah ceiling which leads to the sprinkler. Great place to put a plastic hangar for drying the occasional item.

Archived