Paperwork needed to take Niece on Cruise?

My mom is taking my niece (her granddaughter - 12 years old) on a cruise in June. I've searched RCCL's web site and can't find any type of release/power of attorney form for my mom to have my sister and BIL sign, stating that it's alright for my niece to cruise; making my mom responsible for her. Has anyone used a form before? If you have, where have you found the form? Does RCCL have a standardize form?

Any help would be appreciated!

Christine

Christine, copied below directly from RCI website.

Family Legal Documents:

Adults who are not the parent or Legal Guardian of any minor child traveling with them are required to present the child's valid passport and visa (if required) or the child's birth certificate (original, a notarized copy or a certified copy) and an original notarized letter signed by at least one of the child's parents. The notarized letter from the child's parent must authorize the traveling adult to take the child on the specific cruise and must authorize the traveling adult to supervise the child and permit any medical treatment that must be administered to the child. If a non-parent adult is a Legal Guardian, the adult must present a certified certificate of Guardianship with respect to the child.

To be safe, I would have a notarized letter signed by BOTH parents. Airlines may not let you board if you don't have a letter from each absent parent. Also you should have a Medical Power of Attorney, authorizing you to seek whatever medical treatment is necessary.

It is a complicated world we live in.

Hypo

Yep, get BOTH parents to sign it if possible. Some airlines are very picky about this.

Dear Sir or madam,

_____________________ will be traveling with __________________ on the following dates _____________ to _________________. We the undersigned give _______________________ and ________________ permission to travel with __________________________ and further make all necessary medical decisions regarding the care of ________________________________.

Signed

Notary

That's all you need.

Archived