window cabin

heidik

Usually no, for very good reasons involving large quantities of salt water.

What do you mean? Are they located at water level? I've always had balconies so am trying to picture what the difference would be in regard to water getting into a window?

That was mostly a joke. Some OV cabins are high up, some are lower , like deck two or three, which ship are you looking at?

I'm just wondering as I investigate money saving options.....I don't need to sit on a balcony but I would like to be able to feel a breeze and/or hear the ocean (of course wouldn't we all!).....

I'm just wondering as I investigate money saving options.....I don't need to sit on a balcony but I would like to be able to feel a breeze and/or hear the ocean (of course wouldn't we all!).....

Which ship/class. On the M-Class, the newly refurbed Oceanview on Deck 3 (3112-3144) have huge windows, and we never felt cooped up inside the cabin. They are all on board except Connie, which is due for them during the next drydock. Don't know when that will be.

Which ship/class. On the M-Class, the newly refurbed Oceanview on Deck 3 (3112-3144) have huge windows, and we never felt cooped up inside the cabin. They are all on board except Connie, which is due for them during the next drydock. Don't know when that will be.

do they open up at all?

What do you mean? Are they located at water level? I've always had balconies so am trying to picture what the difference would be in regard to water getting into a window?

Generally window staterooms are on lower decks than balcony staterooms (though there are some exceptions). During calm seas water stays below the window, but during high seas the water can splash onto (and above) the windows on most window staterooms.

does the window slide open in an oceanview stateroom?

It doesn't matter which ship . Oceanview cabin windows don't open .

Most OV cabins are near the waterline and therefore open windows create a safety hazard when at sea. If you want to heard and smell the ocean only a balcony or higher will do it.

do they open up at all?

There's not a mainstream ship anywhere where you can open the windows or portholes. What would happen if you hit seas of 15 to 20 ft or higher and had open windows? You'd be walking in sea water in your cabin. Most cabins with windows and portholes are lower in the ship and therefore near to the water line. I've been on ships where we could see green water washing over the windows on deck 6.

Archived