Little Stirrup Cay Excursions are up--big $$$

BK512

And boy, are they charging more than RCCL does for the same thing!

Parasailing is $30 per person more.
Aqua Park is $5 per person more
At your Leisure Snorkeling is $7 per adult more
Jet skis are $20 per person more.

[quote name='Thestapels']They are probably giving RCCL a cut.[/QUOTE]

This has to be true. There is the additional wear and tear on the RCI purchased equipment, RCI employee salaries, and gasoline. Now two companies have to make a profit off the same excursion. It may well be that the additional amount is what Carnival gets to keep.

Thats what I be doing Stu, I will walk around that island with my feet in the water and take in the beauty of the water, sand and foilage.

My daughter and her bf on this cruise, they probably want to rent wave runners or something unless its a rip off then they just lie in hammocks and relax I think, or even snorkel if its good there.

[quote name='lyndamr']Thats what I be doing Stu, I will walk around that island with my feet in the water and take in the beauty of the water, sand and foilage.

My daughter and her bf on this cruise, they probably want to rent wave runners or something unless its a rip off then they just lie in hammocks and relax I think, or even snorkel if its good there.[/quote]

We were there a good 10 years ago and remember a very nice beach and some nice places to walk.

Wanted to walk around this island and after a mile or so realized it was much bigger than I realized so I went back or I might still be walking.[IMG]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon7.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='BK512']And boy, are they charging more than RCCL does for the same thing!

Jet skis are $20 per person more.[/quote]

Many of those excursions are run by RCI employees (and their contractors) who live on and maintain the island. CCL has to be able to pay the rent, so the higher prices do not surprise me.

[quote name='lyndamr']Thats what I be doing Stu, I will walk around that island with my feet in the water and take in the beauty of the water, sand and foilage.

My daughter and her bf on this cruise, they probably want to rent wave runners or something unless its a rip off then they just lie in hammocks and relax I think, or even snorkel if its good there.[/quote]

Snorkeling is really good there. RCCL did a great job of placing objects in the water to an environment that lends it self to good snorkeling.

are all the key west stops being changed to little stirrup cay? I'm on breeze in may and my itinerary still shows key west.

thanks

I'm hoping to have it stay key west - we specifically picked this itinerary because the 1st stop was in the US (traveling with infant and I was paranoid I'd forget something or need something, or the baby would be seasick, or god knows what else.... so it was comforting to know that if we did need to get something or see a doctor, our 1st stop was a US port)

[quote name='BK512']And boy, are they charging more than RCCL does for the same thing!

Jet skis are $20 per person more.[/QUOTE]

kinda expected that.

we will soon be told this is brilliant, even though "coco" seems to be a "nono".

[quote name='finzup-kt']are all the key west stops being changed to little stirrup cay? I'm on breeze in may and my itinerary still shows key west.

thanks

I'm hoping to have it stay key west - we specifically picked this itinerary because the 1st stop was in the US (traveling with infant and I was paranoid I'd forget something or need something, or the baby would be seasick, or god knows what else.... so it was comforting to know that if we did need to get something or see a doctor, our 1st stop was a US port)[/quote]

No, not all the Key West stops were cancelled. My understanding is that the Mole dock (Navy dock used when more than 1 ship is porting) is no longer available. If your ship is scheduled to dock at Mallory, then you are OK.

[quote name='Andersoncd']No, not all the Key West stops were cancelled. My understanding is that the Mole dock (Navy dock used when more than 1 ship is porting) is no longer available. If your ship is scheduled to dock at Mallory, then you are OK.[/quote]

CCL doesn't dock at Mallory. They dock at either the Outer Mole or the Westin Hotel dock (Pier B). The Navy did not close the Outer Mole. I live in KW and my office is on the harbor. I have yet to hear the real reason for Carnival pulling 2 ships....although the general feeling here is they did it to conserve fuel.

Jet skis are $20 per person more.[/QUOTE]
Where are you finding a price list????????????? I have spoken directly to Carnival twice and they are having a "glitch" and no excursions are posted for me..........

[quote name='lcp9984']Where are you finding a price list????????????? I have spoken directly to Carnival twice and they are having a "glitch" and no excursions are posted for me..........[/quote]

On the Carnival website under manage my cruise, click the excursions tab and scroll to Little Stirrup Cay. They finally showed up for me today.

[quote name='srjones1']Snorkeling is $39.99 per adult but it says if you bring your own gear you get a partial discount. Thats funny. So if I bring my own stuff I can't use it unless I pay them??? Ha![/quote]
:eek::eek:[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Now that is a ri[SIZE=4]p off! Are they charging you for the water? :confused:[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived