What is a verandah with whitewall?

alishac

I'm looking at the different categories of verandah stateroom, and some say that the balconies have "whitewall." I have an idea of what this is, but does anyone have a picture of one of these balconies? Thanks!

On the Magic we stayed in the 6A balcony cabin with the "white wall". It was a total let down. From the pictures online it didn't look like it would be a big deal, but it was for us. We like to read and look out onto the water which was impossible as you had to be standing to see anything but the sky. Also, the wall blocked most of the ocean sounds but reverberated the other passenger's sounds coming from the surrounding cabins who left their balcony doors open. It was not very pleasant for our expectations. We were in room 7630.

1754179372_Magicbalcony2.jpg.64c8716999ff96a0a59c9ea550b25606.jpg

balcony.jpg.6cc2b329f557897ff359526d4dafa3d8.jpg

This is my second cruise. I enjoyed my first one but struggled with motion sickness. I thought that if I had a room with a balcony where I could sit and look out across the horizon it might help. I was so excited to try again, but just discovered that the room that I'm in for my cruise in April is one with the white wall. Has anyone ever had success requesting a room change this late?

This is my second cruise. I enjoyed my first one but struggled with motion sickness. I thought that if I had a room with a balcony where I could sit and look out across the horizon it might help. I was so excited to try again, but just discovered that the room that I'm in for my cruise in April is one with the white wall. Has anyone ever had success requesting a room change this late?

What you say is correct looking at the horizon does stop SS, cruises sell at varying rates, you might still be able to change, the whitewall will not make too much difference, but if its important to you then ask

If there's a cabin available in a different category, you'll be able to upgrade. However, it will be an upgrade, and you'll pay today's rate, which is surely to be more than what the rates were when you originally booked. So you might do better to use the cash to stock up on SeaBands and dramamine.

You're welcome! Now if only someone were standing on a passenger balcony so we could see how high the whitewall comes up on this ship... we had an aft balcony on Magic and the wall came about up to my elbows, and I'm 5'9". I don't think these on the Dream/Fantasy are that tall because they have more railings above the whitewall.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Archived