Liquor carry on (or is it carryon)

parisbully

All the wine you can bring on board if you want. There is a $18 corkage fee for wine consumend in the MDR or any lounge area. Wine consumed in your room is not subject to the corkage fee.

NO beer NO liquor...

You are permitted to carry on wine, champagne, soda and water. Beer is not permitted to be brought aboard by guests.

Every now and then we've read here about someone who said they carried on beer. I have never personally seen it permitted but I have seen it confiscated and held until the end of the cruise.

From HAL's site:

Can I Bring Alcoholic Beverages Onboard?

Except for wine and champagne, alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel's shops or otherwise brought on the ship cannot be consumed on the ship. Bottles and other containers will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the voyage.

A corkage fee of US$18.00 applies to wine and champagne brought to the restaurants or bars for consumption.

Room Service offers reduced-price stateroom beverage packages for in-stateroom consumption of alcoholic beverages.

Technically it's probably carry-on.

Fortified wine should be fine too, as we had no problem bringing an Osborne Amontillado for sipping in the cabin. However, DW likes bottled sangria and would like to bring some aboard. Being not straight wine, but blended with fruit juices, etc., would this violate the policy even though it comes in a wine-like bottle? I said yes, mainly because I didn't want to haul even more bottles, but am I right?

I doubt they'd seize the Sangria - it's wine with fruit juice, etc. after all. I applaud your quick-thinking response to hauling more bottles - it wouldn't have occurred to me. :D

I doubt they'd seize the Sangria - it's wine with fruit juice, etc. after all. I applaud your quick-thinking response to hauling more bottles - it wouldn't have occurred to me. :D

I have to agree with this entire response including your response to the bottles:D but there would be no problem (if you want to tell):p

Please forgive a potentially dumb question but the wording in these posts makes me wonder... Does wine have to be carried on or can it be in your suit case that you check in?

Not a dumb question - no such thing - you can put wine in your suitcase that you check in if you want BUT .......................... remember those suitcases get bounced around a LOT. I wouldn't put it in my suitcase - rather carry it on and not risk a broken bottle and drenched clothes;)

Being not straight wine, but blended with fruit juices, etc., would this violate the policy even though it comes in a wine-like bottle?
You can bring any beverages except beer/ale and liquor, so wine mixtures are okay too.

So I guess Mad Dog, Night Train, and Ripple are cool to bring on.
Yes.

Not a dumb question - no such thing - you can put wine in your suitcase that you check in if you want BUT .......................... remember those suitcases get bounced around a LOT. I wouldn't put it in my suitcase - rather carry it on and not risk a broken bottle and drenched clothes;)

How big can your carry on be and how many bags can you carry on.....purse included?

You are permitted to carry on wine, champagne, soda and water. Beer is not permitted to be brought aboard by guests.

Every now and then we've read here about someone who said they carried on beer. I have never personally seen it permitted but I have seen it confiscated and held until the end of the cruise.

As well, liquor is not permitted to be brought onboard by guests! ;)

there are still many people who put liquor in their checked bags and don't have a problem doing so. HAL doesn't open the bags like NCL. I never have been stopped on over 10 cruises. But that's my decision and others may not approve but that doesn't bother me.

I don't care what anyone puts in their suitcase (assuming it is nothing dangerous) except that if their bottle of red wine breaks and leaks though their suitcase, I don't want their red wine leaking into my bag which might be beneath their's. :eek:

HAL has every right to ask that a suitcase be opened though after they go through the scanners. Don't forget you can't carry liquids in carryons on a plane. I wouldn't want to find that someone's red wine soaked into my suitcase either!

Thank you!!!

I hadn't even considered carrying it on until this thread. I just might do that! It sounds like a good idea!! Since I'm flying there first, I'm in airplane mode a bit.

I'm actually bringing a cute little box of wine from Trader Joe's so breakage really isn't a concern. :)

I'm actually bringing a cute little box of wine from Trader Joe's so breakage really isn't a concern. :)
Maybe less of a concern. They piled enough weight on my suitcase to bend the rails of the pull-up handle enough that it wouldn't work. I'd bet a box of wine next to it would have been punctured or crushed enough to leak. Better double-bag it in plastic just in case. :)

Archived