How do you get a room upgrade?

Hello! Been a while since we cruised RCCL. Is it still possibl to get a romm upgrade likethe old days if you book wayyy in advance? Hw can this be achieved Thanks in advance for all your help Mikil

Ships sail full these days, so upgrades are few and far between.....but sometimes they do happen :rolleyes: no real rhyme or reason.

Be sure to book a cabin you will be happy with :)

Hello! Been a while since we cruised RCCL. Is it still possibl to get a romm upgrade likethe old days if you book wayyy in advance? Hw can this be achieved Thanks in advance for all your help Mikil

How early you book has noting to do with it. Upgrades seem to depend on how much you spent on your cabin (JS and above seem to receive upgrades more often than others) and it is reported that they start with Diamond Plus C & A members with the highest number of cruises under their belt and work their way down the list until unsold upgradeable cabins are gone. That having been said many who have cruised 25 - 30 times report they have never received an upgrade from Royal. We're at just about 20 cruise credits and have given up hoping.

Conversely we received an upgrade from an outside cabin to balcony on our first ever Disney cruise.

So the upgrade fairy has only visited me ONCE, LUCKILY and I do mean LUCKILY from a JS to an OS and I only have 19 cruise credits. It was truly the luck of the draw and it was on a 5 night cruise on Nav. In the earlier days I was lucky to spend a mere $400 for TWO people to upgrade from (get this) a JS on Nav to an OS on a 7 night cruise!! My husband thought he was kind of the hill!!!

There's just no way to figure that out. It really seems to go by how many (and I do mean MANY...like over 100) cruise credits you have. I concur with the person who said that! Good luck!

We have done 30 cruises.

We were offered an upgrade 1 time, many, many years ago.

They offered us an upgrade for $10 more.

It was for a cabin in the very front of the ship and a couple of decks up.

Our TA looked at the brochure to see the location. She saw it had a port hole

and it was right near where the Anchor would be dropped from.

We said no thanks. :eek:

Since then we pick our cabins for their location that we like and we do not want any upgrades.

I do not care how good they are. ;)

We have done 30 cruises.

We were offered an upgrade 1 time, many, many years ago.

They offered us an upgrade for $10 more.

It was for a cabin in the very front of the ship and a couple of decks up.

Our TA looked at the brochure to see the location. She saw it had a port hole

and it was right near where the Anchor would be dropped from.

We said no thanks. :eek:

Since then we pick our cabins for their location that we like and we do not want any upgrades.

I do not care how good they are. ;)

Alexis, hi old friend.:) Dh and I always picked the cabin we want but on my most recent cruise with a friend, she booked a guarantee. We went from an OV to a balcony at no extra cost on a good part of the ship. On our Roll Call all seemed to be getting upgrades. The cruise being two weeks before Christmas may have had something to do with it when a lot don't want to leave at that time. Fares were very reasonable as well.

Archived