Masque Ball

phoebecat

Masked Ball

My husband and I are very much looking forward to our first Cunard cruise shortly and were delighted to hear that there is a masked ball on the trip. Given these "belt tightening" times, do you know if there are materials provided for us to make our own masks or should we bring our own? Alternatively, I've noticed that our local Poundworld store have recently taken in a supply of rather realistic David and Victoria Beckham masks which might be suitable. Do you think we would look out of place?

In light of the pre-purchased OBC thread, I would imagine that there are a number of black highwayman's eye masks available directly from Cunard - just tell them they can keep the horse :D

ROFL!! Thanks for the chuckle today :D

Masked Ball

My husband and I are very much looking forward to our first Cunard cruise shortly and were delighted to hear that there is a masked ball on the trip. Given these "belt tightening" times, do you know if there are materials provided for us to make our own masks or should we bring our own? Alternatively, I've noticed that our local Poundworld store have recently taken in a supply of rather realistic David and Victoria Beckham masks which might be suitable. Do you think we would look out of place?

I was quite excited as well. On the night of the masked ball , I bought a mask as I entered the Queen's Room. I believe it cost $10.00--or it could have been $5.00, I can't remember which. And it is very nice. There were many to choose from. To tell you the truth there were very few participants and I never wore mine. But I have it as a souvenier of our cruise. It just wasn't quite the big deal that I thought it would be. But that was our cruise. It may be different on yours. Have a great cruise.

Gail :)

During the Qm2's world cruise there was a session hosted by Freda Singleton in which people could make their own masks. If this happens on your cruise then it will be advertised in the daily newspaper.

Archived