Norwegian Breakaway Mini suite with Large Balcony

calicasey

Can someone tell me how much bigger the balcony in a mini suite is on the breakaway compaired to a mini suite with large balcony? Just wondering if the mini suite with large balcony is more like the jewel was in a mini suite. It looks like the balconies now are so much smaller! Has anyone already stayed on the breakaway large balcony yet>? Thanks

Andi

If you have a look at this photo of the Breakaway you can see the mini suite with large balcony M6 on deck 8 (at the bottom - front) then the large balcony B6 cabins on deck 9 (directly above those M6 balconies) then the smaller standard balconies above those. A really good photo for comparing balcony sizes.

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

Thanks for replies! I don't understand why NCL did that to the balconies.. sooooo much smaller.. I can't believe we have to pay more money for a larger balcony. Talk about trying to make money on everything! All in all i've always been happy with my ncl cruises however not getting the balcony space i was used to on other ncl ships might make me feel a little differently as i spend alot of time on my balcony.. :(

If you have a look at this photo of the Breakaway you can see the mini suite with large balcony M6 on deck 8 (at the bottom - front) then the large balcony B6 cabins on deck 9 (directly above those M6 balconies) then the smaller standard balconies above those. A really good photo for comparing balcony sizes.

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

Great photo - thanks for posting. Now I know exactly where 8732 is and what it looks like. We will be 2 down from the guy in the blue shirt for the 12/29 sailing and loving every extra inch of that large balcony.

Wondering if you can get some additional furniture on those large balconies.

Two little chairs and a very small table seem kind of lost on those balconies. How about a lounger or two or a footstool .... or both?

Just back from Breakaway. We had a BA toward the front and those minisuites and even the other deck above them (9?) had huge balconies. Wished I had paid more attention when I booked and gotten the deck 9 balcony cabin instead!

I agree it looks silly with the tiny furniture. They could've sprung for loungers on those larger balconies for sure!

I have to say the balcony cabin's balcony wasn't as small as I thought it was going to be. We fit on it just fine. Just wish one of the chairs had a reclinable back.

Just back from Breakaway. We had a BA toward the front and those minisuites and even the other deck above them (9?) had huge balconies. Wished I had paid more attention when I booked and gotten the deck 9 balcony cabin instead!

I agree it looks silly with the tiny furniture. They could've sprung for loungers on those larger balconies for sure!

I have to say the balcony cabin's balcony wasn't as small as I thought it was going to be. We fit on it just fine. Just wish one of the chairs had a reclinable back.

Mizlorinj- I am considering those larger B6's on deck 9..also the Mini suites forward deck 8 with the huge balconies...did you feel alot of movement up there, and what cabin# were you in? Also, did it look like those cabins on decks 8 & 9 were pretty worthwhile if you want a decent balcony size? Thanks!

Big Al

Mizlorinj- I am considering those larger B6's on deck 9..also the Mini suites forward deck 8 with the huge balconies...did you feel alot of movement up there, and what cabin# were you in? Also, did it look like those cabins on decks 8 & 9 were pretty worthwhile if you want a decent balcony size? Thanks!

Big Al

Yes you will feel more motion farther forward. I don't mind that though, and we only felt motion after we left Bermuda due to the swells.

I guess this was the only place to fit the larger balconies on this ship. You are also right under the bridge.

We were in a BA on deck 11--not one of these far forward large balcony cabins--but we could clearly see them and had balcony envy! I have to say our balcony seemed to be the same size as we've had on Gem and Jewel--it wasn't as small as I thought it would be. Not large by any means though.

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I am a balcony gal...it is my respite.This is my first planning of a NCL, prior have been sailing Carnival....any insight into if mini suite on breakway 8th deck has a private full balcony? Talks with NCL staff keft me confused.....said not private.

I am a balcony gal...it is my respite.This is my first planning of a NCL, prior have been sailing Carnival....any insight into if mini suite on breakway 8th deck has a private full balcony? Talks with NCL staff keft me confused.....said not private.

What cabin category? If It's M6 I am pretty sure it's private.

Hi Everyone,

DH and I had a mini-suite with large balcony for our third Breakaway cruise this 10/19/14. I believe we were in 8128. We loved it. The balcony is somewhere between 8x11 and 9x12. There are standard dividers between each balcony. To speak to your neighbor requires leaning around the divider along the railing. The balcony had two chairs, a very sturdy table with plenty of room for dining and two loungers.

Balconies above you can look down and see a large portion of your balcony. It was never a problem for us. We did have quite a view of the neighbors above us who rigged a clothesline and hung laundry, underwear usually, daily!

That stateroom also has an amazing shower built for two (!) with adjustable jets that come be moved around.

We loved the deck 8 forward location. We had smooth sailing all the way and never really felt any motion. We will book this location again.

Have fun!

Gina

Hi. We stayed in M6 8730. Here is what I wrote in my trip review:

The M6 was about 1/3 covered by the B6 on deck 9. Those appeared to be around 7’x9’. So now you’re saying….but Winston…if yours is 12’x9’ and the B6 is 7’x 9’, isn’t that over half covered? The answer is no. Look at pics. The B6s are set back from where the M6s are. The doors are not above each other. I assume this is from the bigger bathrooms. Anyway, like I said. About 4 feet of cover on the M6 balcony with another 8 feet exposed. The standard balconies above the B6’s on deck 9 were about 4’x 9’ so the B6’s get about 4 feet of cover too. The standard balconies are not big…but doable for two average sized people. If you’re tall, you’ll have problems unless you sit sideways.

Only about a the rear third of it is "private". The rest of it can be seen from anyone forward on that side of the ship.

This is correct. However, Breakway is really tall. Someone from the upper decks would almost have to look straight down over their balcony to see you sitting on a M6 or B6 balcony. Didn't bother us at all.

I read a recent review about he M6 they now have 2 lounge chairs 2 sitting chairs and a large round table where u can enjoy room service on your balcony, You can alway ask your room steward for extra lounges, That will be my first request... Than as I saw in another post with picture, someone took the cushins off the couch and put on two lounge chairs, with a sheet, and had a nice comfy lounge chair, OR extra bed on a beautiful night!:eek:

Just off Getaway yesterday M6 8124. These are some photos I took of the balcony. I hope these help.

[ATTACH]330568[/ATTACH][ATTACH]330569[/ATTACH][ATTACH]330570[/ATTACH][ATTACH]330571[/ATTACH]

Looks good to me! going to be strange first time with a blacony on the side of the ship and forward, always book a aft, hope the time for a change was a good decesion

Looks good to me! going to be strange first time with a blacony on the side of the ship and forward, always book a aft, hope the time for a change was a good decesion

I have a thread with the dailies and pictures from our Breakaway October 5-12 Florida and Bahamas if you're interested. It has lots of pictures of our M6 inside and out.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2122298

I am still working on it, I'm up to day 6. Hopefully I'll finish it today or tomorrow.