Fare Viewer

Billzilla66

I have a question when it comes to checking for price drops. I booked with Early Saver, which has since been discontinued as we are approaching sailing, so I was wondering what, if any, catagory I was allowed to check for a price drop? Using the Fare Viewer, it offers only two choices, Fun Select and Fun Saver. Fun Saver is cheaper, but it doesn't allow you to choose your own cabin. Does that matter when trying to get some obc for a price drop?

I have a question when it comes to checking for price drops. I booked with Early Saver, which has since been discontinued as we are approaching sailing, so I was wondering what, if any, catagory I was allowed to check for a price drop? Using the Fare Viewer, it offers only two choices, Fun Select and Fun Saver. Fun Saver is cheaper, but it doesn't allow you to choose your own cabin. Does that matter when trying to get some obc for a price drop?

You must match to Fun Select. You have to match to the exact cabin category you are booked in.

Best of luck and enjoy your cruise!

Be sure to check the state you live in. They have resident rate specials that come and go. We got our two price drops thru the resident rate. Also if you are 55 or older and/or a past guest check those boxes too. You will compare the various rates that come up to your cabin category (4A, 6E etc) and if the price is lower for your category submit the price drop request form found on their website.

Also if Fairviewer shows a resident rate for Florida, click on the description of the rate to be sure other states aren't also included.

Found a rate that said Florida residents, but when I clicked on it the small print said it included Georgia residents too.......so I qualified....:D

Not sure why it wasn't spelled out on the main heading???

How do you find what catagory your cabin is? For example, We are in R155 on the Fantasy, but I can't find where it shows what catagory. Driving me crazy.. lol

Fantasy R155 is an interior cabin, category 4B.

I found it by going to the Carnival website, selecting 'Ships & Staterooms', selecting 'Carnival Fantasy' and then the deck and cabin number.

We cruised in R123 a few weeks ago and loved the midship location!

Archived