Does Carnival Magic still have sushi? or just taste bar?

RAMSJUNKIE887

They got rid of the sushi...........they said they had it in the lunch line or lido area, but we went looking for it and never found the sushi. we miss it!!!!! if you find sushi any where on Magic, PLEASE let us know where it is, thanks.:confused:

The free sushi is still only served in the evenings on the back line of the Lido buffet.

The Taste bar on the Magic serves an excellent breakfast in the morning including regular continental fare plus scrambled eggs, warm toast and croissants, oatmeal or grits and coffee and juice.

At lunch the Taste bar has turkey wraps and custom made salads from a wide variety of lettuces, other veggies plus grilled chicken, ham, shrimp tofu and stuff like that.

In the evening they serve little Tapa's sized portions from the specialty restaurants.

And there are so many more comfortable places to sit and dine on the Promenade that we make it our go to place rather than the buffet for most casual meals and snacks.

We went several nights looking for sushi on teh Lido buffett and only found it on the nights the MDR was serving it as an appetizer. It also was just a few california rolls. Nothing at all like the sushi bar was on other ships.

They got rid of the sushi...........they said they had it in the lunch line or lido area, but we went looking for it and never found the sushi. we miss it!!!!! if you find sushi any where on Magic, PLEASE let us know where it is, thanks.:confused:

So what IS the area now that was the sushi bar? When we were on Magic last Aug, they still had an area labeled "sushi bar", but it never had sushi. Just salads. Going again in June and was hoping for sushi too.

So what IS the area now that was the sushi bar? When we were on Magic last Aug, they still had an area labeled "sushi bar", but it never had sushi. Just salads. Going again in June and was hoping for sushi too.

Salad bar would be on sea days at lunch.

The sushi bar was open 5pm - 8:15pm

Now the Taste Bar has replaced the sushi bar, but sushi is still available on Lido.

If like on Conquest it would look something like this and be available msot nights.

DSC_1252_DxO.jpg

DSC_1255_DxO.jpg

We were on the Feb 17th Magic and Sushi was nowhere to be found. We asked a few of the servers, spent 30min looking for it and each time was told to look where we had just came from. We were really bummed as Sushi was our favorite ritual in past cruises.

All Carnival ships have sushi

Sushi

Ships: FA FS EC EL FD PA DE VA PR VI SL

The Sushi Bar, located on the Promenade Desk is open nightly prior to the dinner hours. Sake is available for: $1.95 (cup); $5.50 (carafe); $12.00 (bottle).

Ships: MI LE TI SH MC LI IM DR SE IS CQ GL

Sushi is served in the Lido Restaurant prior to the dinner hours.

Sushi

The Sushi Bar, located on the Promenade Desk is open nightly prior to the dinner hours. Sake is available for: $1.95 (cup); $5.50 (carafe); $12.00 (bottle).

Couldn't find it on the Miracle. Only sushi was as an appetizer in MDR one or two times

Okay, so now you all have peaked my interest... I WILL find sushi on the Magic.

Good day, Sir.

Some said he same thing about sushi on Conquest. I don't even eat the stuff but found it to take the pictures that say, yes, there is sushi.

I found it at one of the buffets (maybe more) on Lido in the evenings. I think only one night they didn't have it.

Some said he same thing about sushi on Conquest. I don't even eat the stuff but found it to take the pictures that say, yes, there is sushi.

I found it at one of the buffets (maybe more) on Lido in the evenings. I think only one night they didn't have it.

At the sushi bar, they used to have 3 kinds of sushi, one being vegetarian. Now, when they have it on Lido, I have only seen 2 types at a time, neither of which is vegetarian. I miss it!

Sushi

Not knowing the ship codes other than MC for Magic, I assume that FA thru SL have the Sushi cart or a Sushi Counter either near the sports bar or, as on Elation and Paradise, in a corner near the atrium. The other ships have it only in the Lido Buffet area. Am I correct?

I was just on the Magic last week and the sushi bar had been turned into a salad bar. When I asked the servers there about sushi they didn't know anything about it. They did serve a few tiny pieces in the MDR as an appetizer one night. That was all the sushi we could find.

I was also on the Triumph last year and the sushi bar there had been turned into the taste bar. But they did still have sushi at the buffet line on most nights.

Does anyone know if Carnival is phasing out all of their sushi bars? And if so, why?

Archived