question about punchliners comedy club and brunch

lumpkin8

I love comedy clubs, and have been on ones on Carnival a few times. I recall each night had 2 comediens each night, both doing a family show and an adults only show. So I believe that was actually 4 different comedy acts each night.. Will there be 4 new shows every night?

I never did the comedy brunch...is a full comedy show done during it? Is there a specific seating time?

Thanks.

On the Breeze there was an early family show and a later adult show. One comedian a night.

Brunch is on sea days and the comedian comes in for about ten minutes each hour. Even if you don't get a seat with a good view, you will still be able to hear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would say not even 10 minutes of comedy at brunch.. Once it was for about 5 minutes at most.. a couple of jokes. the other time it was like a interview of the comedian...and then he told ONE joke.

dont bother for the comedy.. just go for the free drink

I love comedy clubs, and have been on ones on Carnival a few times. I recall each night had 2 comediens each night, both doing a family show and an adults only show. So I believe that was actually 4 different comedy acts each night.. Will there be 4 new shows every night?

I never did the comedy brunch...is a full comedy show done during it? Is there a specific seating time?

Thanks.

We went the last sea day and I wish we would have done it everytime we could have.Its a very short show but the service and food was awesome.I recognized our favorite cruise director ever Jorge Solano as the comedian

If I remember I think their were 10,11,and noon seatings

I would say not even 10 minutes of comedy at brunch.. Once it was for about 5 minutes at most.. a couple of jokes. the other time it was like a interview of the comedian...and then he told ONE joke.

dont bother for the comedy.. just go for the free drink

And yes the free drink.When I asked our waitress said we can order whatever we want not just from the classic menu

We went the last sea day and I wish we would have done it everytime we could have.Its a very short show but the service and food was awesome.I recognized our favorite cruise director ever Jorge Solano as the comedian

If I remember I think their were 10,11,and noon seatings

I liked the food too.. thats why I went twice.

Is the food different from the typical food you can find at breakfast?

I had the huevos (eggs any way you want) over the quasidillas (chicken)... if you ignore that that dont tell you thats eggs and they have it for ordering regular eggs too .. or you speak spanish you are all set.

It tasted good anyway. they bring it with three types of sauce, I love green chilles.

Where is this being held and can we get table for 2 ?

Sea ya

Eric

TBA Feb 2013

Carnival Liberty Nov2012

Hal Westerdam March2012

Ruby Princess Nov2010

Sapphire Princess Sep2010

Rccl Adventure Of The Seas April 2010

Carnival Miracle Feb2010

Rccl Oassis of the Seas Feb2010

Rccl Majesty of the Seas Nov2009

Rccl Navigator of Seas Sep2009

Hal Westerdam Nov&Dec2008

Caribbean Princess Nov2007

Sea Princess Nov&Dec 2006

Diamond Princess Apr2005

Rccl Navigator Dec2004

NCL SUN Nov2004

Visit of QM2 Oct2004

Carnival Victory Nov2003

Golden Princess Apr2003

Celebrity Mercury Nov2002

Carnival Elation Nov2001

NCL SKY Nov2000

I was on the 9-29-12 Dream. I'm copying my comments about the Comedy Brunch directly from my Dream review (which is still a work-in-progress lol).

PUNCHLINER COMEDY BRUNCH

This is the 2.0 upgrade I was the most excited about, but it turned out to be a huge disappointment. I have no photos from the brunch, but I want to offer a detailed review of our experience.

The Comedy Brunch is offered on both sea days. The brunch is held in the MDR. It opens at 9am and runs until 1:30pm, with the comedy acts taking place every hour on the hour. This is all that I knew about the brunch before I got onto the ship.

My expectations: I went on the second sea day. I planned to arrive at 10:45am, so that we'd be seated before the 11am comedian performed. We expected about 30 minutes of comedy. Then we planned to hang around after brunch to hear the next comedian at 12pm.

The reality: We arrived at 10:40am and were greeted by a tremendously long line. We peeked into the MDR and there were MANY empty tables available, so we thought the line would move very quickly. Not the case! At 10:55am, a couple of ladies who we met from our roll call were leaving the brunch and told us they were in there for two over hours (they must have been near the front of the line when the door opened). They were disappointed with the experience.

At 11:00am, we were still waiting in line and we were unable to hear anything the comedian said when the show began. We were seated at 11:10, and the comedy show ended within a minute of when we got to our table. The "comedy" portion of the "Comedy Brunch" consisted of 5 minutes of intro by the host, followed by 5 minutes of comedy by the comedian. I didn't hear the comedy portion, so I can't comment one whether it was at least a decent 5-minute show. No matter how good it might have been, 5 minutes of comedy is not what I expected from a "Comedy Brunch."

Our orders were taken about 5 minutes after we were seated. About 5 minutes after that, a basket was brought to our table which contained three rolls (there were three of us seated at the table). Reviews I've seen from other ships showed baskets of assorted pastries and treats delivered to each table. All we got were the three breakfast rolls (which were actually quite delicious). Our meals didn't arrive until right around the time that the 12pm comedian began his show. Now I know that the food is all custom-cooked; however, the service was inexcusably slow!

The quality of the food was very good!

I checked the time on my cell phone when the second comedy show started, because I wanted to see how long it would last. There was a 5-minute intro by the host (including an audio of George Lopez telling us to enjoy the show). The host tried to crack a few jokes, but wasn't especially funny. The host actually referred to the comedy act during brunch as a "Comedy Teaser." He also advertised for the evening comedy shows.

Next up was the featured comedian, who I had seen at the Punchliner club the previous night and found to be HILARIOUS. Well this time it wasn't quite the same. He spent 5 minutes talking to a few of the people dining near the center of the room and cracking a few jokes with them. He also advertised for us to attend the evening show several times. That was it.

We basically waited in line for 30 minutes and then waited close to an hour for our food in order to hear 10 minutes total of a host and a comedian advertising the evening comedy shows.

So the food was good, but I felt like this was a total waste of close to two hours on a sea day. I would have MUCH preferred to grab breakfast on Lido and relax in the sun for a couple of hours.

The Comedy Brunch sounds like such a great concept...I expected to laugh my head off while eating a leisurely meal. This was not the case. Although the food was good, the brunch was a flop overall and I won't be wasting my time with it on future cruises unless I read reviews suggesting that it has been totally revamped.

Thank you to all who responded.

I assume there is no extra charge for the comedy brunch, correct? and what is the free drink that is being referenced?

If you are red, gold, platinum or diamond, you will get a paper with a free drink coupon in your cabin when you arrive (dont throw it out). Its only good for lunch or breakfast or brunch in the MDR.

Darn! I also had high hopes for the comedy brunch, but was getting the feeling it was not what I had envisioned. I agree - I would expect 30 min of comedy every hour.

However, in fairness, perhaps the comedians were not being apprised of the fact that they would be expected to do more comedy routines than they had bargained for? I would expect contracts to have been signed several months in advance. Might just be a breakdown in communications?

Darn! I also had high hopes for the comedy brunch, but was getting the feeling it was not what I had envisioned. I agree - I would expect 30 min of comedy every hour.

However, in fairness, perhaps the comedians were not being apprised of the fact that they would be expected to do more comedy routines than they had bargained for? I would expect contracts to have been signed several months in advance. Might just be a breakdown in communications?

Its been posted for over a month 10 minutes at most.. we got ONE joke, the rest was a stupid interview with Cowboy Bob or whatever his name was. A comedian I knew from no one.. why would I care what college he went to and what job he took out of college before he became a comedian.

Plus he whined about having to get up when his sherbert was melting he was in the process of eating .. and the other comedian brought him his sherbert and he ate some during the 10 minutes.. maybe that was supposed to be funny?

One joke .. I have no clue if this guy was any good as I didnt bother to go to his shows that night.

Archived