Snacks~Do you pack some?

I realize everyone is different when it comes to the foods we eat. But I wonder if it's necessary to pack any snacks.

I see you are going on the Grandeur. We have been on Grandeur many times and they have plenty of food. The Park Cafe has bags of chips with all the other food during the day so we take a few bags to our room to save for later. They also have really good cookies that you can save. Mine usually don't make it back to the room.

I never being snacks. Too many choices already on the ship. My DH however, has to bring his little gummy bears, cheese and peanut butter crackers and sweet tarts. I have no idea how one guy who eats so much junk can stay so thin!!!! Makes no sense to me, but he just likes to have his normal "munchies" in his nightstand drawer.

I realize everyone is different when it comes to the foods we eat. But I wonder if it's necessary to pack any snacks.

Hi! My family and I are on the same sailing next Friday! Come over to the Roll Call board and join us. :)

We always bring snacks with us when we cruise! Usually granola bars, trail mix or cheese crackers. On port days we rarely eat a meal off the ship unless it is included in our excursion. Our goal is to spend as much time as possible, face down in the water! A granola bar and a water bottle gets us through the day!

Lauri

We;ve never needed snacks...the ship has so much food, it's totally redundant. Sure...they don't have chips or popcorn..but who cares? It's not something I'll miss for 7 days or so. Heck...on a 10 nighter, we only drank 2 cans of soda between us.

You can "make do" for a lousy week.

Noticed a lot of people mentioning chips - probably depends on the ship, but Park Cafe on Allure and Oasis had lots of bags of chips - different flavors, Sun chips, pretzels, etc. Also, ordered a sandwich on the Allure from room service and it came with a bag of chips (didn't ask for), so I think chips are available, you just have to request or perhaps look a little further.

We are usually gone for at least two weeks at a time. And my DH loves See's Candy. He believes it is some of the best chocolates in the world (seriously). So he always take 2 pounds (hand selected, of course) and shares it with housekeeping. I don't think they care, but he lets them pick their own piece every day.

:)

We take some snacks with us like Pringles, gummies, tootsie rolls etc so when we go off the ship we have something to nibble on till we get back. DH wouldn't eat dry cereal (unless maybe if he was starving!) We did take a little bag of candy for our room attendant and gave it to him on Easter he was quite pleased!

The only time we might have some snacks is if we've taken the train and they just happen to be in my bag. Otherwise, snacks are so unnecessary. We have gotten a trail mix in the Viking Crown on a couple of ships in the evening. After eating 3 meals every day plus an afternoon snack, we don't need anything else. Our goal is not to gain weight.

Never, since I don't eat most of that junk at home (with the exception of pop tarts and gummi bears...) There are so many different foods to try on the ship, I'm never hungry enough to even think about snacking.