Golden Turning Around - 19 April

Just noticed Golden Princess is doing a 180 in port Phillip Bay.Maybe they forgot to pick up me ...
Perhaps they were testing the steering.:p

No not the steering......I believe its to test the compass . We were on a Princess ship once and when leaving Lyttleton Harbour the Captain announced that the ship would do a 360 turn to check the instruments. Its an Insurance requirement and has to be done once a year .

No not the steering......I believe its to test the compass . We were on a Princess ship once and when leaving Lyttleton Harbour the Captain announced that the ship would do a 360 turn to check the instruments. Its an Insurance requirement and has to be done once a year .

Cheers, I was close. :cool:

Maybe it was her way of saying good bye. Last cruise ship leaving for the season in Melb. Nothing now till Pac Jewel in November. 6 long months. Sayonara (spelling ???):loudcry::(

Giving Melbourne an Emerald Ring, you must be a romantic.:D

Maybe it was her way of saying good bye. Last cruise ship leaving for the season in Melb. Nothing now till Pac Jewel in November. 6 long months. Sayonara (spelling ???):loudcry::(

I said 'see ya in 6 months' as I drove over the Worst Gate Bridge on my way home sad face

Yep you are correct that is what was happening. Didn't make for a much more exciting departure from Melbourne though [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yes, I suppose we must be.

“My soul is full of longing

for the secret of the sea,

and the heart of the great ocean

sends a thrilling pulse through me.”

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

The boy stood on the burning deck

Playing a game of cricket

The ball rolled up his trouser leg

And hit his middle wicket.

(Anon)

:evilsmile:

Why would a ship do a 180 in Port Philip bay?? To go back to the rain & doom & gloom of Melbourne... baawhhhh. Gotta love picking on Melbourne when your from Sydney...:)

Just noticed Golden Princess is doing a 180 in port Phillip Bay.

Maybe they forgot to pick up me ...