Noordam laundry & suite amenities package prices

the frames

Laundry is normally $20 by the bag. In Europe the same bag has been quoted at $26.

You can purchase an unlimited plan that costs roughly $7 times the number of days in your cruise.

To send laundry on a per piece basis is one of those "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" things.

Laundry is normally $20 by the bag. In Europe the same bag has been quoted at $26.

You can purchase an unlimited plan that costs roughly $7 times the number of days in your cruise.

To send laundry on a per piece basis is one of those "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" things.

Thank you, last year we had the suite package and therefore unlimited laundry which was great, just debating do we buy suite amenities package this year or pay for unlimited laundry as we didn't make full use of suite package?

and the prices are $30/bag or $9/day for unlimited laundry.

$7.00 per day for unlimited laundry.

I recall someone reporting the $9.00 price last year, but it didn't seem to last long.

Unlimited laundry is $7.00 per day per cabin.

Unlimited pressing is an additional $5.00 per day.

We had the unlimited laundry on the Noordam in March and yes, it was $7.00 a day. I don't really think one needs to pay extra for "unlimited pressing" though as everything that came back from the laundry was pressed.

Geez! I'm going to be on the Noordam for 25 days in 2014, and con't believe there's no self service laundry facilities on the ship.I hate the idea of trusting my clothes to the ship's laundry.

As it is, I am Elite on Princess, can get my laundry done free, and I choose to launder everything myself in the self service laundry so I get to choose the detergent, water temp and dryer temp.

Guess I am going to be forced to pack a lot more than I planned to!!

You're "correcting" someone who is on the ship and in a position to know???

I am starting to think the price must increase during the European sailings. There was a $9.00 report last year, then it appeared to decrease to $7.00.

Geez! I'm going to be on the Noordam for 25 days in 2014, and con't believe there's no self service laundry facilities on the ship.I hate the idea of trusting my clothes to the ship's laundry.

As it is, I am Elite on Princess, can get my laundry done free, and I choose to launder everything myself in the self service laundry so I get to choose the detergent, water temp and dryer temp.

We were in the same position, Elite on Princess so free laundry, but have found the laundry on HAL (Noordam & Westerdam) to exceed the quality of that on the Princess ships. Nothing has been ruined (even sent some unmentionables), comes back pressed or nicely folded and wrapped in tissue paper. We've actually packed less do to the quality of the service.

If I'm not sailing in a suite with free laundry, I sign up at the front desk for unlimited. Worth every penny and it's so nice to send out clothes every day and not hang around a laundry room and fight for a machine, which I've done on other cruise lines.

Edited by scopewest

I am starting to think the price must increase during the European sailings. There was a $9.00 report last year, then it appeared to decrease to $7.00.

I was on the recent Eurodam TA cruise from FT Laud to Rome. When we got on I noticed in the closet a slip attached to the laundry bag stating for 2 weeks it was $98, so I signed up at the front desk and was told (I think either $117 or $119) for the 13 day cruise. I politely told the clerk that what was in my room stated it was $98 for 14 days. She wanted to go to my room and see for herself, but made a call to someone and confirmed that was in the cabin. They gave it to me for $98 but said that the price increase was for European sailings. Later I received an updated price list in the room So, they do increase prices in Europe.

Ellen

If I'm not sailing in a suite with free laundry, I sign up at the front desk for unlimited. Worth every penny and it's so nice to send out clothes every day and not hang around a laundry room and fight for a machine, which I've done on other cruise lines.

This will be me next cruise. Saving the $6,000 and going with an OV but I am going to get either the Suite amenities package or the laundry separately. Going on a cruise Tour afterwards and definitely will be worth it for me & the 3 kids!

I too am spoiled by Princess on doing my own (choosing the temperature, detergent & whether to "hang to dry" to prevent shrinkage). I see some of you would rather have the ship do it and are pleased with the results. How do you work with your wardrobe & ship laundry to make this happen? I do not own pants that I can wash & then dry in a dryer. Right now we have made "almost" B2B reservations for Jan '14. The hotel stay in btx will include us doing some laundry, but I'm open for ideas. Thanks!

-Rose

I too am spoiled by Princess on doing my own (choosing the temperature, detergent & whether to "hang to dry" to prevent shrinkage). I see some of you would rather have the ship do it and are pleased with the results. How do you work with your wardrobe & ship laundry to make this happen? I do not own pants that I can wash & then dry in a dryer. Right now we have made "almost" B2B reservations for Jan '14. The hotel stay in btx will include us doing some laundry, but I'm open for ideas. Thanks!

-Rose

At the risk of sounding simplistic, I think I would pack slacks that could go into a dryer. I don't travel with anything else. I, also, will confirm that HAL's laundry does a wonderful job.

Re the Suites Amenities package, what is it? I thought that only the deluxe suites were eligible.

I usually don't mind send out my day clothes, but would never send evening clothes.

Last cruise I did send a decent pair of slacks. They used to have a nice crease down the front. Used to. :( Somehow it was removed in the ironing process. :eek:

Be careful what you send.

At the risk of sounding simplistic, I think I would pack slacks that could go into a dryer. I don't travel with anything else. I, also, will confirm that HAL's laundry does a wonderful job.

And I thought I found them :). Bought some capris through Travelsmith, wash cold and put in dryer (like the label said I could) AND.....:mad: same old problem, they shrunk an inch in the very area that affects the fit for me (waist to crotch). Travelsmith has a very good return/exchange policy, thank goodness! If I wash any of my pants cold and "hang to dry/lay flat to dry", I can keep my pants fitting me. After all these years I still haven't found any dressy casual, casual or jeans I can put in the dryer. Sigh... I'm sure the ship's laundry isn't going to bring my capris back to the room wet for me to hang in the closet :o like I sometimes do on Princess ships.

-Rose

And I thought I found them :). Bought some capris through Travelsmith, wash cold and put in dryer (like the label said I could) AND.....:mad: same old problem, they shrunk an inch in the very area that affects the fit for me (waist to crotch). Travelsmith has a very good return/exchange policy, thank goodness! If I wash any of my pants cold and "hang to dry/lay flat to dry", I can keep my pants fitting me. After all these years I still haven't found any dressy casual, casual or jeans I can put in the dryer. Sigh... I'm sure the ship's laundry isn't going to bring my capris back to the room wet for me to hang in the closet :o like I sometimes do on Princess ships.

-Rose

Ah, I see your problem. So far I have been happy with TravelSmith, but there is always a first time. (Maybe that is why my jeans no longer fit! - lol) I have also bought dress slacks, like Ponte knits, from Coldwater Creek and have washed and machine-dryed them numerous times with no problems. Have you ever tried them?

I know I probably shouldn't be admitting this, but I have always taken an extra stretchy laundry line, inflatable hangers, and some clothes peg hangers, and soap powder and I wash everything by hand every few days and just fill up the bathroom with my dripping wash (broke my wrist and so don't yet have much strength in my left hand - if something is really soaking, I roll it up in a bath towel and stomp on it!) I will be very happy to be in a Neptune suite this next cruise, and then - 4 stars, and free laundry!:D Oh, happy life. This last cruise I sent 2 blouses to the ship's laundry because they needed ironing - $7.00, I think. They came back just fine, except I didn't notice the little laundry tag was ironed on to the front of one of them!