Flight Help

ravluis

Hello: I have never cruised from Cape Canaveral. Would I make an 11:55am flight if I do the option to self assist with my bags?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would you make it? It's possible just make sure your airline has another flight and the cost if you don't.

Many factors come into play:

Ship getting back to port in time. (Mechanical/Medical Issues )

Customs clearing ship

No Accidents on 528 (( Beachlne )

Random Crew inspection

Although most unlikely they do happen, then the best laid plans are foiled.

Others may have their own opinions, and that's fine. I think you can make an 11:55 flight from MCO...if:

The ship is not late in arriving back to Port Canaveral.

There are no delays by USCBP in clearing the ship.

There is no undue delay in debarking the passengers.

There is no delays in clearing customs once you get off the ship (shortage of agents, mob of people ahead of you, overly thorough agents).

There are no problems between the port and MCO with regard to construction, traffic or accidents.

There are no delays with TSA security at MCO.

But what do I know?

I'm flying in a day early than my cruise. Hopefully that'll help with the unexpected issues.

I believe the question here was about a flight from Orlando after a cruise. Good on you for flying in a day early for your sailing though, avoids a lot of stress!

I prefer not to have any flights before noon. Getting to MCO hasn't usually been a problem, but getting off the ship and getting our shuttle took a little time. We've also found that security issues at MCO have been the biggest cause for delays. Like others said, you "should" be able to make it, but there's a chance you won't since it's not leaving much wiggle room.

Yow, that's cutting it close. MCO is at least an hour away. You still have to clear customs, find transportation, check luggage at airport, get through airport security plus making it to your plane's gate in time.

Back when, I'd say "go for it!", Not now.

Being I don't know your reasons for being in such a rush, (aside from airline's schedules), I'd say take a deep breath, and accept a later flight.

You just had a relaxing vacation, why add another stress factor to a grand time off.

Yes, killing time at an airport sucks, but it goes faster than you think.

Just my nickel's worth!;)

If everything goes smoothly, you will have no problem making a flight at 11:55. I have been on cruises where I was off the ship and on the road by 7:30 AM, and I have been on a cruise that had a Customs issue where they didn't even start letting people off until almost 10 AM.

Thank you all! We decided to book the flight and scheduled a shuttle service. Hopefully all goes well.

Sounds good! To help speed things up, make sure you do online check in either on a ship computer or thru the airline's app.

If you don't have TSA Precheck, you may want to look into paying for expedited security, if your airline offers it. I know Spirit and JetBlue too. It'll take a little worry out knowing you'll have a quick security screening. Not required, but just depends on your comfort level and such.

Carnival recommends flights leaving 12:50 PM or later. Since your flight is earlier than that you can't get the Carnival transfers, but it seems like you already have transportation taken care of. That's not to say you won't make it, but it is a risk that I personally wouldn't take. At least it's on the way back, so it won't be a disaster if you miss your flight.

We sailed out of Port Canaveral two years ago. Carvival offered a special to handle luggage from the night before arriving back to port and getting it to the airport. We couldn't take the offer because our flight left at 2pm. I personally would book a later flight if possible.

Sounds good! To help speed things up, make sure you do online check in either on a ship computer or thru the airline's app.

If you don't have TSA Precheck, you may want to look into paying for expedited security, if your airline offers it. I know Spirit and JetBlue too. It'll take a little worry out knowing you'll have a quick security screening. Not required, but just depends on your comfort level and such.

Thanks a lot! I have global entry so that should help me pass through security with a breeze, at least it usually does.

Thanks a lot! I have global entry so that should help me pass through security with a breeze, at least it usually does.

I have that also, it's amazingly helpful. Saved us a lot of time at MCO last time. Sounds like a good plan!