Select package upgrade

Cruise 1319

Hi all,

We are going on a Royal Caribbean Cruise in May 2017. When we booked our cruise back in June 2016; we were given the 'select beverage package' free of charge as part of the BOGO deal. On board we planned to upgrade this to the premium package as allowed.

However as the new drinks' packages came out on the 6th Sept 2016 (and therefore both the Select and the Premium drinks package are no longer applicable), We were wondering has anyone been on a cruise since September 2016 and upgraded from the 'Select Package' to the new 'Deluxe Beverage Package'? If so how much did it cost to upgrade from the Select Package to the new Deluxe Package?

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

We are going on a Royal Caribbean Cruise in May 2017. When we booked our cruise back in June 2016; we were given the 'select beverage package' free of charge as part of the BOGO deal. On board we planned to upgrade this to the premium package as allowed.

However as the new drinks' packages came out on the 6th Sept 2016 (and therefore both the Select and the Premium drinks package are no longer applicable), We were wondering has anyone been on a cruise since September 2016 and upgraded from the 'Select Package' to the new 'Deluxe Beverage Package'? If so how much did it cost to upgrade from the Select Package to the new Deluxe Package?

Thanks in advance

Royal has said that they will allow holders of the Select package to upgrade to the new Deluxe package onboard, for a cost of $10 per day , plus 18%.

You should be able to upgrade for $140.00 per person on a 7 day cruise

from royal..

Royal Caribbean has consolidated and redesigned its beverage package offerings in an effort to make things easier for guests to understand. These new drink package offerings are available to book via the Cruise Planner tool for all future cruises on September 6, 2016.

Guests that purchased one of the older drink packages will still have their purchases honored, with the following adjustments:

•Select package will be honored as is until depleted.

•Premium packages will be upgraded to a Deluxe package at no additional charge.

•Ultimate Packages will convert to the deluxe package.

•Replenish packages will convert to the new refreshment package

Try to do a upgrade on your cruise planner. happy cruising

You will be able to upgrade to the new Deluxe Package for only $10 per day. There were a couple of very lively threads here about 3 months ago regarding this issue. Lots of us received the free Select Package as an incentive for booking with RCCI. And lots of us, myself included, intended to upgrade to the Premium Package for $15 whilst onboard. We were all angry to find that RCCI were getting rid of it in favour of the Deluxe Package which would add considerable costs to us. Following an inundation of phone calls and emails to RCCI, they backed down and confirmed that anyone with the free Select Package could upgrade to the Deluxe for just $10 per person per day. And we all made sure we had that in writing!

• 4 weeks later...

We are in the UK and due to sail out of Miami on the Navigator in March. I have just spoken to RCCL on the phone and they advised that the $10 upgrade fee is no longer available and has since been changed. The cost to upgrade our Select package is now $17 /day inc 18% grats.

I have since emailed for written confirmation and will report back if I hear any different.

Received the following reply from Royal Caribbean today;You still have the choice to upgrade this package. The costing do vary

within time, according to our records it will be 10-15 dollars per day plus

taxes per person.

Keeping their costings vague I see! Well I'll be waving my confirmation letter of $10 to upgrade in their faces if they try to charge me anymore!

Keeping their costings vague I see! Well I'll be waving my confirmation letter of $10 to upgrade in their faces if they try to charge me anymore!

Please report back, I'm curious to hear your experience with this.

Hey. I got an email. Basically, yes, we CAN upgrade our Select package to the new Deluxe package for $10 plus grats plus (if there are any) taxes.

Just to confirm. We had a complimentary Select package included when we booked - back in May 2016, not sure if this applies to all.

Anyways. We will most certainly be taking a printed copy with us , as well as a printed copy of our ESTA.

Immigration was always a nightmare into Miami before Trump at the best of times. Lord knows what it's gonna be like now.

TSA? Thousands Standing Around.

• 5 months later...

Can I ask anyone who were promised $10pppd for a select upgrade to DeLuxe in this thread if they could provide contact names who they spoke to because we are being quoted $18 to upgrade an included select package to DeLuxe for our forthcoming cruise on Indy.

Better still if anyone is aware where they publically committed to $10 can they provide me a link. I need a piece of paper to wave at them methinks :D

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

I've been trying to send you copies of the 2 emails I received from RCI confirming that the amount to upgrade is only $10, but this site won't let me attach and send them.

Hi. Thanks for the attempt. I contacted head office in Miami and have an Email confirming $10 plus grats. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk