Where does the 4th person go? (NCL Dawn)

sarahtakespics

Okay, I've used the search feature here, and I've googled with no success. Can anyone help me figure out where the 4th person sleeps in an Oceanview stateroom? :confused:

We're cruising the Dawn in March, and it will be our family of 4, kids ages 9 and 12. This is our first cruise, and we just booked this month. I've looked at NCL's website, and it shows that the ocean view rooms have 2 twins that can become a queen, and one pull down bed. I've watched videos on Youtube that show the same arrangement. So where does the other child sleep?

I really appreciate the help!

I've never stayed in an oceanview and to my knowledge and research the oceanviews on the Dawn do not have a couch.

Someone will certainly correct me, if I'm wrong.

But the layout of cabins that sleep 4 without couches, I believe are as follows.

quad-ocean-view.jpg

I've never stayed in an oceanview and to my knowledge and research the oceanviews on the Dawn do not have a couch.

But the layout of cabins that sleep 4 without couches, I believe are as follows.

quad-ocean-view.jpg

That would be correct.

quad-ocean-view.jpg

Looks cozy!!

When I went on w/ 4 it was 2 sets of bunk beds w/ small table/nightstand where the cot is in your photo.

For the balcony cabins, 2 could sleep on the sofa, but not sure about rooms designed for 4. We only had 3 in our room. The may have something different for people who book 4 people to the cabin.

Looks cozy!!

When I went on w/ 4 it was 2 sets of bunk beds w/ small table/nightstand where the cot is in your photo.

For the balcony cabins, 2 could sleep on the sofa, but not sure about rooms designed for 4. We only had 3 in our room. The may have something different for people who book 4 people to the cabin.

Rooms for 4 are just as you mentioned. Sofa bed sleeps 2.

The previous image represents categories BC or CB on the "Can't GetOutaway Class." :p

"Bed Cabin" category or "Cabin Bed" category are indicated in the PP photo. These are new categories recently introduced for the discerning traveler. These cabins as shown are similar to the several balcony options available.

BC allows limited access to balcony while secondary trundle withdrawn during limited set hours. None while extended. Hours limited. :eek:

CB has no access to balcony regardless of bed configuration, whether the beds are out or retracted, regardless of hours. No access from cabin. Depending on config, you may be able to access your balcony from the adjoining cabin. :( This is an extended balcony for visual enjoyment only from within cabin. These cabins sell fast so plan accordingly.

Oh my. :confused:

Of course wall to wall beds may have been a booking incentive for us 20 years ago. lol.

I am currently weak and insufficient, to book these cabins. We still prefer operable balconies, regardless of the discounts.

Of course I have three others to berth, so ....

Enjoy :p

quad-ocean-view.jpg

That cabin looks so tight.

That cabin looks so tight.

No kidding, I couldn't possibly do this.

I do remember a while back reading that some cabins, beds could be put in a U shape, I don't know if these could or not. But at least it would give the effect of slightly larger. But then everyone would need to be in single beds.

Personally with this design, if I couldn't afford connecting cabins for 4 people, I'd forgo the vacation that year and save another year.

But some people don't mind it and that's great for them.

Edited by che5904

We could afford (barely-haha!) 2 connecting cabins, the problem is they were all sold out by the time we booked. My husband's job doesn't allow for a lot of plan ahead. :rolleyes:

The good news is, our TA was able to get us moved to a mini-suite! I'm so excited that ANYTHING bigger opened up. Now we can have somewhere to sleep AND set suitcases. :D

Okay, off to do more first-cruise-ever-research. Thank you all again for the help. If I hadn't seen that picture we wouldn't have known how impossible that would be with older children like ours.

quad-ocean-view.jpg

This is ridiculous. Why not 2 Pullmans? I can't imagine even attempting to sleep in that set-up.

I realize people do it but it wouldn't work for me.

This. :D

It may work for me and a buddy, but it definitely will never work for me and my family. lol. :o

Of course it's wonderful ships offer this configuration for those interested.

Choices are always welcomed, appreciated, and enjoyed by all. :D

Happy sailing to all, regardless of cabin density. :p