East Caribbean - 7 or 8 day cruise

snowhite1019

My hubby and I are thinking about taking a 7 or 8 day cruise to the Eastern Caribbean (we've been to Western Caribbean twice - once on Carnival and once on Royal. I'd like some suggestions as to what people think would be an enjoyable cruise for us. We love sea days, history, snorkeling, relaxing and having fun. I know there are a lot of cruises out there and it gets a little overwhelming trying to figure them out. We are open to other lines than the ones we've gone on as we loved both but this timeI would really like to try out a balcony and I do love the bigger boats. We are in our late 50's and one of us just turned 60....Yikes! Love to see shows, go to comedy clubs, drink and eat. Looking for relaxation and stress free.....Please feel free to give suggestions on cruise lines, ports, etc. I'd love to hear from you all - we're looking to go in October or November (not Thanksgiving). Hope to hear soon.

Thanks.

Barb

You can also consider RCI Freedom of the Sea 8 nighter. We've done the 8 nighter's several times and amazing how much that extra night can make a difference :D

Ditto this response! Very nice itinerary on a great ship which includes (in our experience) Labadee (RCI's private destination), San Juan, St. Martin, and St. Kitts.

You might want to consider trying a MSC cruise in the Yacht Club which is an all-inclusive experience on either Divina or Seaside. Divina is really elegant and they do a different show every night. The company has hired Broadway caliber performers - they are AMAZING! They have great dancers who do a lot of ballroom dancing and then the lead performers - one man who is a Sinatra stylist, a woman who is similar to Celine Dion and two tenors - AND a operatic soprano - she has her own show one afternoon - GO - even if you think you don't like opera - she will change your mind. Anyway, the thing about the Yacht Club - it's suites, but the price is sometimes more like what you would pay for a junior suite on other lines but you get butler service and a special restaurant for suite guests and a pool and sundeck for suite guests and 2 bars for suite guests, concierge service and it's just the most relaxing experience! The food is Neapolitan - absolutely amazing in the suite guest restaurant. The only thing they don't have is comedy shows, but in terms of being a great cruise, it is one of the best experiences we've had recently (MSC Divina).

Another option you might like would be to go on RCCL Allure or Oasis. This would be a completely different experience as these are the two largest ships in the world. These ships were actually designed to be THE destination. They have an adults only conservatory - great place to hang out, lots of specialty restaurants as well as the MDR and several other free restaurants onboard. There are a lot of activities: flow rider, rock wall climbing, zip line, ice skating and then great shows every night as well as a comedy club. There is so much to do on these ships there is no way you can do it all in a week. When my husband and I went on Oasis, as we were getting off, we looked at each other and said "Let's do that again!"

We are currently booked on RCI Navigator of the Seas on a 9 night from Miami to Labadee, Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao. Have a balcony cabin booked, and being a second gen Voyager class, she is right at 140,000 GRT, so not a small ship.

That said, other personal favorites are St Lucia and Barbados if you can find an itinerary that includes them.

My personal favorite cruise line is RCI, but would consider Carnival again. Cruised Princess once, and it wasn't for us, BUT, we were in our 30's and on a 10 day cruise, so the atmosphere was a bit too sedate for our tastes. Food was excellent and the ship was beautiful. A shorter Princess cruise may be more to our liking, but so far have no reason to look outside of Royal Caribbean.

We are currently booked on RCI Navigator of the Seas on a 9 night from Miami to Labadee, Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao. Have a balcony cabin booked, and being a second gen Voyager class, she is right at 140,000 GRT, so not a small ship.

That said, other personal favorites are St Lucia and Barbados if you can find an itinerary that includes them.

My personal favorite cruise line is RCI, but would consider Carnival again. Cruised Princess once, and it wasn't for us, BUT, we were in our 30's and on a 10 day cruise, so the atmosphere was a bit too sedate for our tastes. Food was excellent and the ship was beautiful. A shorter Princess cruise may be more to our liking, but so far have no reason to look outside of Royal Caribbean.

We just completed that same itinerary in December and thought it was one of the better ones. OP if you can arrange the 9 nights into your schedule this would also be one I would suggest looking at.

Friends and I are doing this one on May 27 of this year on carnival splendor

ITINERARY: 8 Day EASTERN CARIBBEAN Itinerary. They have same one October 28

DAYPORT OF CALLARRIVEDEPART SatFt Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds), FL4:00 PM SunFun Day At Sea MonFun Day At Sea TueSt. Maarten, NA9:00 AM6:00 PM WedSt Kitts, WI7:00 AM5:00 PM ThuSan Juan, Puerto Rico7:00 AM2:00 PM FriGrand Turk9:00 AM5:00 PM SatFun Day At Sea SunFt Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds), FL8:00 AM

Edited by crazy4tweety
needed to add a date