Relocated Cabanas at Coco Cay

I also posted these questions on the Private Islands forum......

Does anyone have any up to date information on the cabanas being relocated? I saw in another thread that it is now by the watersports area.

Is the area still private?

Is there still a deluxe buffet area? Can't tell by the map.

How "deluxe" is the buffet? What is different from the regular buffet?

Is it quiet?

Does it now have direct beach access (i.e. not on the sea wall).

Do/Can you get a ride to the cabanas (similar to the bungalows)?

We already have a bungalow booked and I am debating upgrading to the cabana. My mother cannot walk very far, especially not on sand. When we were there in April we used the Coco Limo to get from the tender to the bungalows on South Beach. Very little walking. The Limo was also available to take hubby and kids to the jet ski area but if we do the cabana they would be close by.

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Just got back. There are 14 cabanas i think right next to the jet ski area. It is roped off with private water access. The buffet is right there. I cannot compare to the riff-raff buffet, because I have not been. They did have the regular hot dog, hamburger, etc. plus very tender sirloin steak (it was very good), shrimp skewers and more that I didn't have. The barman was right there too and it was not a long walk at all to get drinks or food. One bit of advice - when you get on board, go to shore excursions and pick the specific cabana. They will have an aerial shot so you can see which is where. Yes, there is still a tram.

Quiet? I don't really remember, to be quite honest.

I also posted these questions on the Private Islands forum......

Does anyone have any up to date information on the cabanas being relocated? I saw in another thread that it is now by the watersports area.

Is the area still private?

Is there still a deluxe buffet area? Can't tell by the map.

How "deluxe" is the buffet? What is different from the regular buffet?

Is it quiet?

Does it now have direct beach access (i.e. not on the sea wall).

Do/Can you get a ride to the cabanas (similar to the bungalows)?

We already have a bungalow booked and I am debating upgrading to the cabana. My mother cannot walk very far, especially not on sand. When we were there in April we used the Coco Limo to get from the tender to the bungalows on South Beach. Very little walking. The Limo was also available to take hubby and kids to the jet ski area but if we do the cabana they would be close by.

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

When we were on Anthem in March, I was blown away by the "riff-raff" buffet on CocoCay. It had seafood Paella, roasted pig, taco bar, salad bar with awesome watermelon-feta salad in addition to others, fabulous desserts, big variety of fruits, etc.