What to do in Roatan?

b.cruising

HI,

Not sure what sort of day you are looking for. However, we contacted Daniel at Daniel Johnson's Monkey and Sloth Hangout and had a great day. We were able to hold monkeys and sloths and view many other animals. Daniel then arranged for us to do a great snorkel trip (one of the best we've been on) and finally transported us to an idyllic beach resort where we drank "Coco Locos" (a coconut filled with rum and other tasty items).

I don't remember the actual cost but it was dirt cheap, less than I've paid for just snorkeling at other sites.

Note: Daniel does not have a slick web site or marketing department. Look for him on his Facebook page.

He will customize your day to include only the items you want. My wife and I had our own private driver for the day!

Hope this helps,

~Brian

We went sailing with Radical Adventures and it was awesome! The food was fantastic, snorkeling was very good, the crew welcoming, and hosts were the best. We will definitely go again. We have a full review with pics in our trip report...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2474547

Since our son wants to see the shipwreck, next year we are going on the Roatan Shipwreck, Snorkeling, and Beach Break tour with Island Marketing. I am hoping it measures up because Radical Adventures was the best!

Enjoy!

Another vote for Daniel Johnson's Monkey and Sloth Hangout. My DH, our friend (her DH went diving) and myself had the best time ever. We also went to the Iguana Farm and then to a really nice resort for Monkey Lalas. We really hated to return back to the ship. Daniel arranged a driver for us and she picked us up right as you walk through the gate. Daniel and his family are the nicest people.

Maya Key. My wife and I had a nice relaxing day there. Well, at the time of this pic we weren't exactly relaxed but rather enjoying a visit with the monkeys. A very short boat ride from the port. How short? We could see the ship from one side of the island.

\\dotaiasfs01\userfiles\Airport Dir Office Users\kdwillis\Desktop

I second victor boden. Hands down the cheapest but best money spent. Most bang for ur buck and relaxing excursion. We did the zoo and bananarma beach. Most beautiful beach ever. White sand. Little fish right up at ur toes in ankle deep water. Calm water. Swim up restaurant. Best kept secret and not crowded AT ALL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We loved roatan, and have been there twice with victor bodden. If you like animals, they have birds and monkeys at his home for you to hold. The iguana farm is great (and the iguanas like to eat bananas as do the monkeys). Snorkeling on Roatan is fabulous. If you want to zip line, the South Shore zip line is great, and they have a nice eco walk if you'd like something a bit less adventurous.

Daniel Johnson's Sloth and Monkey Hangout was fantastic and exceeded my every expectation.

Victor Bodden tours didn't live up to the hype and I will look for alternatives next time I'm in Roatan.

We went on a NCL excursion to Maya Key- we wanted a relaxing day. Short boat ride across the bay, a beautiful beach, snorkeling, a delicious barbeque lunch, an animal sanctuary, very peaceful. Not many people were there at all. Oh and they had a swimming pool as well.

Roatan = Victor Bodden tours. Great tours to choose from. We have used them twice already.Birds, monkeys, shopping, beautiful lookout stop, and the beach....all for $30- (as of January)

Safe sailing

840d944db67748c03203abc61c1d3aad.jpg1e03e4c877a895e71236c73a296a0030.jpg

We have used him twice: our only problem was the tour had so much in the morning that by the time we got to the beach it was very crowded.

let's just say, Roatan is very special and there is no such thing as a bad tour I don't think.

We loved Victor Boden tours and did a private driver for the day so we weren't on anyone else's time table. Our driver, Tex, was fantastic. He customized the day for us and we fit in so much. We did shopping(RX, rum, cigars, trinkets, rum cakes), monkeys, zipline, local lunch spot, West End white sand beach/snorkel (had a kayak pull us out to reef edge for the best snorkeling out of all 4 ports we did), and Tex was awesome in getting us all over the island and finding us the best locals price on the shopping we wanted to do. We LOVED Roatan!